Fifie - Scottish Fishing Boat POB by Amati

It is that, and you dont get the sense of how beamy it is from these pics....very wide beam, double ended...certainly unconventional
Double enders have the added action for the crew of hobby-horsing in higher seas making walking on the deck an exciting experience. This is looking very nice.
Rich

Detail work today, built and painted and installed the 4 way roller system to feed the headline to the steam winch, the steering gear, bilge pump, and the inner shell of the wheelhouse. The brass photo etched plate is at least 1.0mm think so really easy to work with...some I have had very thin, this is good. I have to do something about my rubbish photography.

f136.jpgf135.jpgf137.jpgf138.jpgf139.jpg

Last edited:
Some more update pics. Have spentr quite a while on wheelhouse and nearly done, watertank and liferings to go on outside also herring shovels. I took the liberty of leaving off the port wall for display purposes having assmebled the brass gears in the steering system I was a bit reluctant to wall them off entirely out of view. The white headline floats have all been drilled and tie ropes attached. The real ones would have been cork and tied onto the net not with a brass eye as the kit provides. Cabin roof still needs some detail work...just sitting in place here.

IMG_20210417_180037.jpgIMG_20210417_180045.jpgIMG_20210417_180100.jpg

Finished the wheelhouse and have finished the aft mast with boom and gaff installed. About 90% rigged and just sitting in place for later installation. The boom gooseneck attaches with the smallest bolt and nut I have ever seen...took a while to get the nut on. Really need a couple of jeweller's or watchmakers tools, must check that out before Bluenose.

f140.jpgf141.jpgf142.jpg

Last edited:
Well yes it hasnt taken as long as I expected. Going away briefly in a few weeks so hope to finish Fifie before I go and then start on BN when I am back late May. The Admiral made the sail for Fifie for me today.

Back