Figurehead. Carved.

Charles QC

Doing carving is something that you have it or not
I do not have it, and always amaze to see talent like yours
I do figurine painting at the amatory level not great but not bad
I put you on the same level as Olga Kropotova for figurine painting a level that I just dream to attain. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eCZzOktQT7RUG93VVvjkg
When you look at what you do it is something that you just dream of. The level of excellence is just well it is amazing.

JoeF

Thank you Alex for the link of the hand tools. I had a few of those years ago and I am still using them today. I joined the stone and woodcarving school 7 years ago and work on larger scale (photos of my work). What are the sizes of the figureheads ( length, width and depth of the ornament)? I would like to experiment on small ornaments.

Attachments

Alex jM

Doing carving is something that you have it or not
I do not have it, and always amaze to see talent like yours
I do figurine painting at the amatory level not great but not bad
I put you on the same level as Olga Kropotova for figurine painting a level that I just dream to attain. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eCZzOktQT7RUG93VVvjkg
When you look at what you do it is something that you just dream of. The level of excellence is just well it is amazing.
Charles, thanks for the link, I enjoyed watching Olga’s work. Great painting!

Alex jM

Thank you Alex for the link of the hand tools. I had a few of those years ago and I am still using them today. I joined the stone and woodcarving school 7 years ago and work on larger scale (photos of my work). What are the sizes of the figureheads ( length, width and depth of the ornament)? I would like to experiment on small ornaments.
Hi JoeF. You have a good job, on a small scale it should work well. Renomme decor width 62mm. Thickness 2.5mm. Typically, modelers order reliefs with a thickness of one to three mm.

Alex jM

Thank you Alex. How is the process and stages of the carving for a small ornament?
First make the contours of the relief. Then glue this contour to a hard wooden substrate. Optionally, the substrate can also give the contour of the relief. In some cases, you can make a contour of the relief directly on the substrate. At the end of the work with a dangerous razor blade, remove the relief from the substrate. You can also glue the relief to the substrate through a layer of paper. It will be easier to remove from the substrate, but there is a risk that when working due to layers of paper, the relief may come off when you press the tool. I also don’t like to remove the paper later. When working, attention must be paid to the subtle details of the relief going perpendicular to the wood fibers. When the tool is pressed firmly, the wood will crack and break.
20190819_104227.jpg