Forberedelser treverk

division of wood for drying.

wooddrying (2).jpgwooddrying (2).jpg

paste on paper so that the tree does not crack.

wooddrying (5).jpg

laid out for drying.

wooddrying (6).jpgwooddrying (7).jpgwooddrying8.jpg

a little more I garage.

wooddrying9.jpg

prepared for construction, the box to the left holly, the two to the right are birch.

wooddrying10.jpg

holly.

x (6).jpg

Birch.

x (2).jpg

from the left, plum, birch, christian. holly

The variety that lies to dry is, birch, pine, spurse.
for the summer I will cut the wood to a more appropriate size and make sure it is dry enough for further use.

Attachments

• wooddrying (3).jpg
    wooddrying (3).jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 10
  • x (5).jpg
    x (5).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
Brian, I got the trebles from a farmer I know, but it's quite easy to get the birch, pine, spurse here in the district.
Before spring I will cut a big holly tree my neighbor has promised me

Jim, I'm not going to use plum tree because of, very clear yearrings, much twist, and hard to get hold of, but if you are doing woodturning
then this is a god material to work with.

Hello Norway,
That is a brilliant idea and harvesting your own timber will make your hobby that much more affordable. I understand that the paper pasted to the ends it to prevent the wood from drying out too quickly at the ends in relationship to its center. Once the timber is prepared for drying, how long do you let it sit?

Ray

Outdoor warehouse finished may, garage warehouse august, then i will adapt the timer to 4x7 cm to fit in my proxxon thickener,
Hope it is dry after one years drying

Fantastic! I harvest hickory for bows, good to see you covered the ends for drying, many folks don't know to do that. I usually use latex paint or trappers wax. I usually check the birch trees for Fungus, it burns very slow and is great mosquito repellent for when we have cook outs in the summer.

Totally off topic, but what is the car barely visible in the sixth picture? It looks interesting. Was the teak formerly outdoor furniture? I found a teak chair in the trash, but I am 400 miles from home right now.

Totally off topic, but what is the car barely visible in the sixth picture? It looks interesting. Was the teak formerly outdoor furniture? I found a teak chair in the trash, but I am 400 miles from home right now.

It is doors gates windows, lots of stuf made of teak

Tnx to all the members out there for all the likes in my tread, nekst time will be in may/jun for this tread,
mayby some photos when i hawe cut down the HOLLY-tree shovn in the latest photo in this tread

Mayby 50%, a lot goes away in the form of branches, bark, endcutts, it gets exciting to see in a year's time

Last edited:
Back