Forberedelser treverk

Looks like you all set with Holy wood for upcoming builds! I think you can use some for a desk in your Blandford build cross-section. BTW. how is that build going?

I have holy materials from before that I will use to main / lower deck, Blandford.
The materials that are for drying I dream of building an entire model of, EX Ratlesnake.
It will be a model that is mostly completely white, with elements of black blocks, fittings, bolts ASO.
Blandford, frames finished cut, keel and false keel are ready for bonding, has made a temporary keel
which I will use when adapting the frames in the jig, has also made some materials,
dekksbjelker ASO.

Finally Proxxon tools.
Now all wood types are adjusted to be used in my Proxxon tool.
sampel`s (4).jpgsampel`s (2).jpgsampel`s (3).jpg

Now I've have cut off branches.
sampel`s (4).jpg

Here I make samples of 3 types of wood.
sampel`s (5).jpgsampel`s (6).jpgsampel`s (7).jpg

Finished samples I will show in the next post.
I just have to say that this work was very time-consuming and that was extremely mutch waste, maybe 50%.sampel`s (8).jpg

Attachments

• sampel`s (1).jpg
    sampel`s (1).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 7
I just have to say that this work was very time-consuming and that was extremely mutch waste, maybe 50%
Is it still worth doing it, Knut? It is your own wood, you don't have to pay a penny...and you can make any size you like! What do you think?

Thanks for your interest Jim, I will probably just finish the split
wood with the latest woods that are now drying.
Now I know at least how much work is required to obtain free materials.
I now have a whole lot of materials at my disposal.
Most of the materials I've made and are going to make are very bright,
More delicate woods I will probably buy on my local sawmill

division of wood for drying.

View attachment 70858View attachment 70858

paste on paper so that the tree does not crack.

View attachment 70861

laid out for drying.

View attachment 70863View attachment 70864View attachment 70865

a little more I garage.

View attachment 70866

prepared for construction, the box to the left holly, the two to the right are birch.

View attachment 70867

holly.

View attachment 70871

Birch.

View attachment 70869

from the left, plum, birch, christian. holly

The variety that lies to dry is, birch, pine, spurse.
for the summer I will cut the wood to a more appropriate size and make sure it is dry enough for further use.
NICE TO SEE A MESSAGE FROM YUU KNUD

NICE TO SEE A MESSAGE FROM YUU KNUD
i HAVE IN FACT AN ARTICLE, OF WHAT A TREE -LATER -WOOD IS MADE OF,. ITS PROCESS FROM A TREE TO PLANKS, THE THE DRYING PROCES-WHICH CAN TAKE UP TO 8 YEARS.
Then from the drying process to be further treated before it can be used for our shipbuilding. Then various tree sort, some better than others -although depending on where it will be used. We may use various tree sorts to build a ship.
Independent from this, it may surprise many builders that more than 80% of the dry matter in the wood are mainly 3 huge sugar molecules:
Cellulose, Hemi-Cellulose and Lignin¡ The % between these 3 huge sugar molecule -where the smallest brick is GLUCOSE (50%) of our normal sugar

Back