French ship cannons, 36pdr, 1779 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and likes.

Update
Change of ropes,
with the correct direction of impact according to Boudriot's drawing.

Karl

View attachment 253567View attachment 253568View attachment 253569View attachment 253570
I believe that the carriage tackle that you marked are outhaul. The restraint cable is the one that passes through the carriage sides and back to the ships structure. I may be wrong but that makes sense for my thinking. The single tackle on the rear of the carriage is for inhaul to bring it back in wards clearing the breach for the next loading process before once again outhauling and shifting sideways for angled shots. Rich Very nice work though with remarkable detail. Rich

You made it too simple - nochmal !!!
Good to know and highlight this detail

well done my friend - your model is now absolutely in all details accurate :cool:

This is a truly highest quality work. Dear Jeronimo You are the outstanding Maitre. Respectfully yours , Alexander
Accuracy by itself can be sterile but this one has an appealing resonance that draws us in. Just a thought. You have brought the full pallet forth. Rich (PT-2)

You continue to amaze and inspire with you so precisely detailed and finished small accessories as well as the gun ports hatches with the hinges. Next may be the powder charges brought up by the powder boy to the gun crew in his nervous sweaty hands and panting breath. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Karl,

Congratulations on this beautiful model. Really admirable and fantastic detailing.

Great job and highest quality model !!!
Looks very nice!
Have question,
are there must be attached all 4 tackles using for the gun roll in and out ...or two only /as pair, which just attached to the different points depends on necessary action?

Back