French war-ship Saint-Philippe 1693 - scale 1/72 - from Lemineur monograph

Maybe you should really reconsider to change the paper gratings to wooden ones !!!!

If there were only those from the front, why not, but there is also the main deck, with 50 cm of convex shaping, and there, it would be too expensive for me, not to mention the breakage at the time of bending them...

I've no adapted tool for doing myself such details

Don't forget that I show macro pics, in reality, they are quasi undetectable, and more regular than wooden gratings I've seen :)

If there were only those from the front, why not, but there is also the main deck, with 50 cm of convex shaping, and there, it would be too expensive for me, not to mention the breakage at the time of bending them...

I've no adapted tool for doing myself such details

Don't forget that I show macro pics, in reality, they are quasi undetectable, and more regular than wooden gratings I've seen :)
OK -
only a small hint related to the convex shaped deck. When you prepare the wooden grating, make them higher and you can sand down the grating exactly to same convex curve of the deck, so no bending necessary ....

I have now the new project of modelling a simplified version of the Saint-Philippe, a french at time of Louis XIVth, a three decked eighty guns war ship, but I have first to read all the documentation (weight = 4 kg... )

At scale 1/48, it's a 1.20 m length "baby"
and "only" 92 cm at reduced scale 1/72 :
Hallo @CRI-CRI
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Back