GALERA REAL de DON JUAN DE AUSTRIA [COMPLETED BUILD]

Is that the same Curro that built the massive "Encirclement of the Santisima Trinidad" diorama years ago?
I think so - he is well known for his spectacular dioramas

El siguiente paso fue reproducir los cuadros de los laterales.
Estan pintados con pintura acrilica reproduciéndo los diseños originales (a escala, claro) posteriormente, como se verá, añadí cartelas con los versos de la Eneida que describe el tratado del siglo XVI.

The next step was to reproduce the pictures on the sides.
They are painted with acrylic paint reproducing the original designs (to scale, of course) later, as will be seen, I added posters with the verses of the Aeneid that describes the treaty of the 16th century

View attachment 115206View attachment 115207View attachment 115208View attachment 115209View attachment 115210View attachment 115211View attachment 115212

I had the privilege to follow this work..... but here with the description......this is amazing!!!!

I think so - he is well known for his spectacular dioramas
That's the one! Thanks. He had a blog site building the diorama which he updated every couple of days.
He taught me a lot- especially to appreciate the painted and weathered vessels in their historically accurate appearance.
I was building lots of varnished models up to that point.
Here's a model of the AL Swift I started building out of the box, then I ended up experimenting with a few techniques I learnt from Curro's blog.
P1010052.JPG
You can see the varnished wood below the wales and painted above- I even experimented the salt technique for the handrail on the cabin.

Back