New kit Galleon "San Bartolome - 2"

Pavel, missing license plate and number details, how to do?
View attachment 375011
If the instructions do not have part numbers, this means that these parts must be made independently. I did this because it is not possible to guarantee at this stage of construction the exact dimensions of the place where these parts should be installed. The error is very large, and each modeler will have his own. Therefore, I suggest that the modeller make the simplest parts, which in fact are ordinary planks, on his own ... There are only two or three such moments in the construction of the entire ship. Yesterday I finished all the documentation on the "Bartolome" including the drawings, from Monday we will send the kit to everyone who bought this ship.

If the instructions do not have part numbers, this means that these parts must be made independently. I did this because it is not possible to guarantee at this stage of construction the exact dimensions of the place where these parts should be installed. The error is very large, and each modeler will have his own. Therefore, I suggest that the modeller make the simplest parts, which in fact are ordinary planks, on his own ... There are only two or three such moments in the construction of the entire ship. Yesterday I finished all the documentation on the "Bartolome" including the drawings, from Monday we will send the kit to everyone who bought this ship.
Thanks Pavel. By kit, do you mean the final part of the manual and the drawings? Have we heard from Oleg? With the help of him everything would be easier

Hi @Pavel Nikitin , I can't figure out where to put the H12 and H13 parts both L and R. I've seen Oleg's video but he doesn't use them.

Another thing, following the instructions, how to make the inside quarterdeck since there is space between the deck and the bulwark? Thanks

Schermata 2023-08-16 alle 17.34.33.png

As I move on to the stern planking, I see that I have 3 sets of 21L, 20L, 20R and 20R. Is the stern wale intended to be 3 layers thick, despite the instructions (and video) only showing 2 layers (p. 109)? I also have parts A22-2L and A22-2R with no apparent purpose. Can you explain where these go, and if the stern wale should be 3 layers thick? Thanks!

Hello, only 2 sets of 21L, 20L, 20R and 20R need to be mounted because the stern gunwale must have a thickness of 2 layers, the third set is a spare. The parts A22-2L and A22-2R I have not mounted

“Pavel Nikitin Ships” store presents a new sailing ship wooden kit, a 24-gun galleon ship “San Bartolome” in retro style.
Historical background.
This galleon supposedly was part of the Spanish Invincible Armada led by Alonso Perez de Guzman, 7th Duke of Medina Sidonia, in May – September 1588. The Invincible Armada was battered in multiple battles with the Anglo-Dutch naval fleet composed of light and maneuverable ships led by Charles Howard. This clash is known as the Battle of Gravelines. Elizabethan Pirates excelled in that battle, especially the notorious Francis Drake. The confrontation between Spanish and Anglo-Dutch fleets lasted for two weeks. The Invincible Armada could not regroup and, refusing the invasion, headed North. English fleet followed Armada along the East coast of the British Islands. The Armada’s return was very challenging: it had to go through the Northside of the Atlantic Ocean along the West coast of Ireland. Due to strong storms, Armada’s ships were taken to the far North and West shores of Ireland. During this expedition, The Invincible Armada lost more than 60 ships, and only 7 of them were lost in battles.

The kit includes:
- A step-by-step guide in Russian and English;
- All details are laser cut and contained in 60 plates;
- Brass etching, high-quality 3D printed items;
- Semi-automatic hawsers;
- 1 layer of laser cut boards identical to the lines of the model;
- Deck consists of separate boards with cross marking and is already prepared for tacks;
- All building blocks correspond to the era the Invincible Armada was in;
- Technical specs: length 980 mm, width 540 mm, height 1030 mm
- The kit can additionally include slipway, stand for the kit and rope weaving machine.

We provide a a detailed step-by-step manual more than 200 pages. Also you can see video manual for this kit on Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd3cc5L7KogFL5LbXGWDOEQ

This kit you can buy on our online store https://shipsofpavelnikitin.com

View attachment 318116

View attachment 318117

View attachment 318118

View attachment 318119

View attachment 318120

View attachment 318121

View attachment 318122

View attachment 318123

View attachment 318124

View attachment 318125

View attachment 318126

View attachment 318127

View attachment 318128

View attachment 318129

View attachment 318130

View attachment 318135

View attachment 318136

View attachment 318137

View attachment 318138

View attachment 318139

View attachment 318140

View attachment 318141
That looks like an amazing kit, I’ve not seen this this brand before, different and very interesting. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Your build so far is really good and your log makes for enjoyable reading. Just keep going. Ken

“Pavel Nikitin Ships” store presents a new sailing ship wooden kit, a 24-gun galleon ship “San Bartolome” in retro style.
Historical background.
This galleon supposedly was part of the Spanish Invincible Armada led by Alonso Perez de Guzman, 7th Duke of Medina Sidonia, in May – September 1588. The Invincible Armada was battered in multiple battles with the Anglo-Dutch naval fleet composed of light and maneuverable ships led by Charles Howard. This clash is known as the Battle of Gravelines. Elizabethan Pirates excelled in that battle, especially the notorious Francis Drake. The confrontation between Spanish and Anglo-Dutch fleets lasted for two weeks. The Invincible Armada could not regroup and, refusing the invasion, headed North. English fleet followed Armada along the East coast of the British Islands. The Armada’s return was very challenging: it had to go through the Northside of the Atlantic Ocean along the West coast of Ireland. Due to strong storms, Armada’s ships were taken to the far North and West shores of Ireland. During this expedition, The Invincible Armada lost more than 60 ships, and only 7 of them were lost in battles.

The kit includes:
- A step-by-step guide in Russian and English;
- All details are laser cut and contained in 60 plates;
- Brass etching, high-quality 3D printed items;
- Semi-automatic hawsers;
- 1 layer of laser cut boards identical to the lines of the model;
- Deck consists of separate boards with cross marking and is already prepared for tacks;
- All building blocks correspond to the era the Invincible Armada was in;
- Technical specs: length 980 mm, width 540 mm, height 1030 mm
- The kit can additionally include slipway, stand for the kit and rope weaving machine.

We provide a a detailed step-by-step manual more than 200 pages. Also you can see video manual for this kit on Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd3cc5L7KogFL5LbXGWDOEQ

This kit you can buy on our online store https://shipsofpavelnikitin.com
Hallo @Pavel Nikitin
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pavel Nikitin Birthday-Cake :)
Вітаємо з Днем народження

Back