G'day from France

Hi, I'm a newbe to this site as I'm wanting to build a model of HMS Iron Duke (1914 version). I spent 26 years in the Royal Navy repairing full size ships but I don't think that will help me much in this new hobby!! I'll be avidly reading the help pages to see how to get started and researching the different build options. Appreciate any hints and helps from the group. Cheers.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

You have a very interesting project with building the dreadnaught HMS Iron Duke (1912) which had a real long career in 1.st and 2.nd world war.

Do you want to build her from scratch or is there a kit available?

Maybe you know the contemporary drawings available from the NMM already, but maybe not

j8846.jpg

m1951.jpg

m1952.jpg

m1950.jpg

from the sistership Marlborough are several drawings existing, but not on web-display - but you can get additional information directly at the plan-service of the museum, only the Body plan
j9768.jpg

Than
Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

You have a very interesting project with building the dreadnaught HMS Iron Duke (1912) which had a real long career in 1.st and 2.nd world war.

Do you want to build her from scratch or is there a kit available?

Maybe you know the contemporary drawings available from the NMM already, but maybe not

View attachment 215695

View attachment 215697

View attachment 215698

View attachment 215696

from the sistership Marlborough are several drawings existing, but not on web-display - but you can get additional information directly at the plan-service of the museum, only the Body plan
View attachment 215699

Thanks for your welcome and plan info Uwe. There is a kit which I have sent for but my thinking is to use the kit as part of a scratch build, maybe with a solid hull and adding photo etch and plastic fixtures and fittings - not sure yet until the kit arrives. Brian077 successfully built this model a couple of years ago and it was awesome! Looking forward to getting started.

Hi, I'm a newbe to this site as I'm wanting to build a model of HMS Iron Duke (1914 version). I spent 26 years in the Royal Navy repairing full size ships but I don't think that will help me much in this new hobby!! I'll be avidly reading the help pages to see how to get started and researching the different build options. Appreciate any hints and helps from the group. Cheers.
G'day Matelot51 and welcome aboard,

Sounds like a great project, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hallo @Matelot51
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back