G'day from Oz, the "Land Down Under"

G'day, I suppose this should have been me first post but me being me it's me third. Had a look around and this seems a nice laid back forum, so I got washed up here! Seems a good joint to get washed up on.

Into model railways and am just starting out on model ships. Work with my camera has been neglected for so many years so some piccys will be a part of my ship modelling hobby.

Lived on a sailing tri on the Coral Sea for quite a few years, love water and stuff that floats on it. Swimming, crabs , oysters , palm trees and beer go down well with that life style and I worked hard to achieve it. Yep, downing a stubby , keeping smoke out of your eyes and moving with the shade of the palm as the day progresses is not for the faint hearted.

From the first word written, fell in love with Jack Aubrey and HMS Surprise so being a modeller it aint much of a surprise that I have found my way to wooden ship modelling.

Well that's enough for a kick off, hopefully you will bump into me over at the kit building forum where I shall bother you with questions. If you don't have time, that's cool too!

Great forum, nice be in it; thanks, kindest regards, Rowan

:text-imnewhere:

Welcome aboard. It is a great forum and there are many modelers that will help with questions. Glad you enjoyed the site and looking around is a great way to learn.

Thanks mate. Been looking around for a while now, a work in progress as there is a lot off good stuff here.

:text-thankyouyellow:

G'Day Rowan and welcome aboard.

I saw your other posts first and this one last, so I guess that's just the natural order of things... Or maybe it's because you're posting from Down Under :D

Looking forward to seeing your posts and I'll respond to some questions you posed shortly.

Thanks,
Clare

Hi Rowan,

can't wait to see ya get started on your project. Welcome aboard - some great folks here and laid back too - nobody in a race or to see who is best. We just like to help modelers build the best that they can.

Donnie

Back