General CAD Drawing: Misc discussion

So I got all the stations laid out and part files made and all the planes dimensioned in.

There is a perfect layout of frames each frame is 10" so 20" total at each station with 2" airspace between each station. so the layout came unexpectedly easy

so the ship is 1204.88585574" full scale as in the loft and at 1/24th scale which is what I want to build one at its at 50.25" so nice sized ship for R/C too

37.652" at 1/32 scale and 25.101" at 1/48th so there ya go mike you can make your choice of scale. i think 1/48th is way too small considering being a light vessel it would be well suited for LED's Etc

Looks like a very interesting vessel.
I am a little bit surprised about the big height of the keelson, more or less the same like the keel by itself.

well they needed to be strong they were portable lighthouses that sat by the dangerous area to light them up at night. so everything was overly beefy

well after a few hrs break to take care of neglected honey does got the midship frame all thickened out now only 85 more frames to go remembering each frames a double and there are 43 total stations)))

will be nothing fancy for these frames as they were simple so these will be built Hahn style where you slap a few boards together with the breaks precut then just cut the frames out

Light-56.png

ok major FUBAR when I lofted up the hull I made the keel total width the actual width of half the keel lol so need to redo the loft and correct the keel.

the good thing is I can loft the hull with the thickness of the frames and then just add inside waterlines to check for flow then when I make the stations will go tons faster. so it is a FUBAR but it will save time in the long run

Ok so I got all the flats finished first up top view then side then aft looking forward then forward looking aft and an iso and one with keel

Light-58.pngLight-59.pngLight-60.pngLight-61.pngLight-62.pngLight-63.png

so today I worked on the deck beams and decks. I just lofted the deck for now until I get the cants and everything else finished as it is just a cosmetic look anyways when finished. now tomorrow back to my 14 hr days and little drawing

Light-64.png

Back