GOLDEN HINDE by Canoe21 { Lawrence } Harold A Underhill Plans, Scale 1:60

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the Golden Hinde, and also for your very kind words.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little guys and I have completed the marking out and cutting the door and the two windows on the aft side of the Stern Gallery, the door and windows frames will come a bit later on. Now we must figure out just how many Led lights we want to add to our ship and just where to place them and also what type, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4479.thumb.jpg.d3fec8ce9325fda5d39df93d9d142198.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have decided on 20 Led's lights and a few more just in case. We have ordered them from Evans Designs along with a remote control and a power transformer that with any luck at all should arrive here in about a week. Due to the fact that we are adding lights to our little ship the work on the hull and decking has temporarily stoped, as we must leave room to install these Led Lights before we can install any decking.

For this reason, the little fellows and I have been active with the details on the Aft Gallery Bulkhead. We have lined the two gun ports, Built and framed the two windows added the grating to them and glazed them in Formulia 560 [ Canopy Cement ] so that some light will show trough. We have also built the Gallery door with a little window and also added the grating and glazed it with the same Canopy Cement. We also built a set of hinges for this door and added a handle. Quite a task for such a little ship and also for my fat fingers, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4482.thumb.jpg.73998433ba517ef40510999b86ed063a.jpgIMG_4483.thumb.jpg.95174ee9083fcf95d36c9489a5f7dafb.jpg

Last edited:
Ahoy Lawrence,
UR Pie-Rat Ship be commin along right nicely now. Worthy of any Pie-Rat that ever plundered the seven seas. :cool:

Two computer wizards in the family and no EMOJI that looks like a Buccaneer!
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Sgtmik said:
Ahoy Lawrence,
UR Pie-Rat Ship be commin along right nicely now. Worthy of any Pie-Rat that ever plundered the seven seas. :cool:

Two computer wizards in the family and no EMOJI that looks like a Buccaneer!

Hello Mike
I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. I do not know for sure if I can live up to your great expectations of my little ship the Golden Hinde. This build has started off rather strangely, as we wanted to add some Led Lighting, but not knowing just how many and just where to put them was a great problem. But now with the decking and hull planking on hold until my Led Lights arrive I must commit myself to working on items that normally would come much later in my build, sorry for the mix-up, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

popeye said:
she's coming along nicely Lawrence........I see you solved your window dilemma. looks very good :)

Hello popeye

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Yes the Tulle did the job quite well I only wish that the door and window frames had come out a bit better, but being this small they were quite the challenge, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have been looking over the Stern Gallery Aft windows and door. We did try to correct them a couple of times but they just would not come up to the mark. So yesterday we decided to remove them all togeather and rebuild them all togeather. They seem to fit in much better now, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4485.thumb.jpg.0acb54402ffc5bd3b1cd2233fca5748d.jpgIMG_4485.thumb.jpg.0acb54402ffc5bd3b1cd2233fca5748d.jpg

Last edited:
Right hinges are always better. :D
I can't wait to see what the door is going to open on, off the aft. Maybe a diving board? :lol:

I think windows and door are very hard to get a good scale. Good job
Doug

DougW said:
Right hinges are always better. :D
I can't wait to see what the door is going to open on, off the aft. Maybe a diving board? :lol:

I think windows and door are very hard to get a good scale. Good job
Doug

Hello Doug

Thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I am finding this very tiny scale a bit of a challenge to get things to look even half correct, and my camera making things so much larger than it's true size does not help matters, but we are a bit closer.

No diving board here for sure as there will be a Balcony surrounding with by a Columns Railing around the Stern Gallery, but that is a long way down the road so to speak, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all again for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I are still waiting for our Led Lights that seem to be stuck at the USPS in Fresno, Calofinia for around a week now and that is holding up the decking and planking on our Golden Hinde. We have tried to keep active with the windows and door on the aft side of the stern gallery. We have also fired up the Byers Table Saw and cut quite a few Grating Strips and have assembled a few to start making some of the Gratings for the deck of our little ship. These strips are rather tiny at .050 " or 1.25 mm x .120" or 3 mm thick this little ship sure does challenge the little fellows and I, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrencepost-302-0-02511200-1466096786_thumb.jpg.56ee33995ffdd395cf9c684a879d820e.jpgpost-302-0-09501100-1466096844_thumb.jpg.67575e03a395eb2a237ac4246c17aa1e.jpgpost-302-0-10515300-1466096768_thumb.jpgpost-302-0-02511200-1466096786_thumb.jpg.56ee33995ffdd395cf9c684a879d820e.jpgpost-302-0-33468600-1466096810_thumb.jpg.a84afe119aa2579b6eff78a1970149b9.jpgpost-302-0-17550700-1466096869_thumb.jpg.1b8020862429d8ad72129004339ffbf2.jpgpost-302-0-71690200-1466096723_thumb.jpg.edfc0a296026d9b143075bb652c063b3.jpgpost-302-0-97825900-1466096969_thumb.jpg.aded72ee46802c930f714ceac06daa62.jpgIMG_4486.thumb.jpg.71143d196c93d835ab49bdb425404216.jpgIMG_4487.thumb.jpg.16bb9ffd46bfed9676aa749dd968276e.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence,
Very impressive, your work with the gratings. That little saw is great. :handgestures-thumbup:

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
Very impressive, your work with the gratings. That little saw is great. :handgestures-thumbup:
Hello Mike

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Yes, those little Byron's table saw's are amazing. There seems to be no end of things one can do with them. Even cutting wood down to paper thin is so easy for them. It sure puts my 10" Craftsman table saw to shame with its person, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

I like the way you make your gratings. The Golden hinde is coming along nicely.

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Hi Lawrence

I like the way you make your gratings. The Golden hinde is coming along nicely.

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Really this build is going very slowly as I am hung up waiting for my Led Lights to arrive. In the meantime, the little fellows and I are doing all of the little things along with some outside gardening, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all very much for your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little guys and I have been fairly active in assembling and framing of our Deck Gratings. We have built 4 sets for now even though we may need a fifth set, but that depends on just how much room that we will have on the upper deck. Now the next task in line is all of those steps, being this many we must make up a little jig for our table saw, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4488.thumb.jpg.b487c99416e15b2e772a9f4595f765fa.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates

Thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have built a little stair stringer jig. We then cut out four stair stringers on our Byrnes Table Saw and we also cut a couple of long stair treads. This AM we glued a pair of stringers along with a set of four threads together and installed them in our upper deck grating. Along with a rope railing.

More good news, my Admiral and I went to the Post Office today and there was our set of Led Lights, 24 in all. Along with a Remote Led Dimmer and Controller, a 12 Volt transformer, an assortment of Shrink Tube and a roll of 28 AWG Hook up Wire. All of these things were ordered 10 days ago from Evans Designs in Colorado, USA. These People I have found to be very friendly and extremely helpful in helping me choice the lighting for my little ship the Golden Hinde. Their service is great and their cost is very reasonable. They have a very nice compact and very simple way to add Led Lights to your ships or whatever else you may like to light up, as of now I would highly recommend them to my shipmates. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence IMG_4492.thumb.jpg.9e19f2aa05db7d7a3a07001f036483d5.jpgIMG_4493.thumb.jpg.abcd009675d79284b38281ad3074e41a.jpgIMG_4494.thumb.jpg.3a431d1a09433652c82528f969e5da19.jpgIMG_4495.thumb.jpg.8d4d1fc2eeb24afc22fb31872b617c3d.jpgIMG_4496.thumb.jpg.964d35f99850e799f8fe87c80931c8d5.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log for the little ship the Golden Hinde. For your very kind words and also for your nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have installed 13 Led Lights in the Aft Stern Gallery and also below the main deck. We do have more to add in the upper housing but we must first build these.. Installing the Led Lights was very easy, no Rocket Science to it at all. We do still need to solder up our wire joints and insulate them against any possible shorts, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4497.thumb.jpg.edbef4621d9a3822bb05e02186f005d1.jpgWebp.net-compress-image (7).jpgWebp.net-compress-image (11).jpgWebp.net-compress-image (15).jpg

Last edited:
Lawrence

Good to see that you got your light. I suggest you use heat shrink tubing for your installation on the solder joints

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence

Good to see that you got your light. I suggest you use heat shrink tubing for your installation on the solder joints

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff

I thank you for your visit to my build log. Yes, the Led Lights are all installed on the Lower Deck. Now I can move along with the build its self. Today I nailed and glued on the Mane and Fore Deck. Now I must plank it before I can add to the upper housing. Yes, you have read my mind on the solder joints and heat shrink tubing for insulation, that I do have on hand, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

The little guys and I have left the Led Lights for a while until the upper decks have been installed. We have cut out and nailed and glued the the Main and Fore Deck to the ships Frames and Keel, we have planked the Mane and Fore Deck with Cherry wood .065" x .024" or 2 x 0.6 mm., we have simulated the tree nails with our Scribe and a sharp led pencil. We believe that the thinner Deck Planking seems to make the ship look longer and wider, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceWebp.net-compress-image (16).jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence ,I can see you are really enjoying this build,deck planking looking great and those Led lights are going to be a nice addition to your build.

Back