Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit)

I like the changes you made on the bulwark supports! Easier to place the ropes behind later during the build.
Good morning Peter. Thanks. I cut the horizontal supports for the rigging and gun port frames from left over Victory walnut (1.5x1mm (thinner) )as the 2x2 was too bulky for the pattern I decided on. I do think it will be easier to rig as well… an unintended bonus:D. Cheers Grant

Hi Grant,

You’re “fake nails” are a nice touch to an incredible build.

Jan
Good morning Jan. I’m going for it with nailing this ship. As the scale is probably a little small for nails, I have to try the subtle approach so going fake. Thanks for your compliment- I appreciate it. Cheers Grant

Good going on the bulwarks, Grant! Your bulwark-vision has been 100% realized!
Good morning Heinrich. Good to see you up and about, alive and kicking. Thanks for this. Slowly slowly she is starting to get into something I hoped to achieve when I started. Plenty of redo’s and redesigns but I think she is making progress into Simon’s Xebec. Cheers Grant

Good morning. This weekend I thought I should start doing some finishing- it can’t keep looking messy;)

Taped off the wales and stern to neaten up the painting here. Sanded the hull and fake treenails the final time.

CF5B11D4-0C28-4631-A9C7-3B600EDC76CD.jpeg
Got bored so Ricochet Rabbit decided to start the bow sprit. :rolleyes:.

Note: All laminated parts from the kit will be painted, so the bowsprit knees and cheeks I decided on black. I redesigned this as well to get a more open and sleek approach (no gratings on Grants Xebec) keeping with a structure fitting a Xebec of that period. The knees and check were cut, reshaped and slimmed down to fit the wale shape.

WIP :
00FE4C34-BCF4-4582-A760-E1E48142F1B6.jpeg8DDC8CB5-9B7F-451C-9DCB-D114182C90D5.jpeg50C3F4DB-427C-4706-B4B2-8A24D88A507A.jpeg

She will be made pretty sometime…..:D

Cheers Grant
PS thanks to Peter (@Ptèr ) for his help with block sizes etc this weekend. I can now place a order.

Good morning. This weekend I thought I should start doing some finishing- it can’t keep looking messy;)

Taped off the wales and stern to neaten up the painting here. Sanded the hull and fake treenails the final time.

View attachment 375791
Got bored so Ricochet Rabbit decided to start the bow sprit. :rolleyes:.

Note: All laminated parts from the kit will be painted, so the bowsprit knees and cheeks I decided on black. I redesigned this as well to get a more open and sleek approach (no gratings on Grants Xebec) keeping with a structure fitting a Xebec of that period. The knees and check were cut, reshaped and slimmed down to fit the wale shape.

WIP :
View attachment 375788View attachment 375789View attachment 375790

She will be made pretty sometime…..:D

Cheers Grant
PS thanks to Peter (@Ptèr ) for his help with block sizes etc this weekend. I can now place a order.
Grant, your skill is growing exponentially. I'm happy for you buddy. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Grant, your skill is growing exponentially. I'm happy for you buddy. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Grant, I agree with Sasha, your producing top of the line work nowadays.
Thanks Sasha and Daniel. It may not be recommended however it’s fun to do a contemporary build. The difficulty is to keep some resemblance to the period look. Fun tho. Cheers Grant

Hey Grant, looks better every time I see it...great build.
True story!
Looking great Grant! I really like what you are doing with the kit, using a lot of artistic license and not afraid to take chances...kudos to you buddy! The sign of model building maturity! ;)
Hi Grant,
Very beautiful build.
I loved your deck planking it's looking great.
Thanks Guys.
The sign of model building maturity! ;)
Dean I’m not sure if this should be rephrased…..model building stupidityROTF.As you know a small change to any structure has the knock on of having to change almost everything as you go…fun tho.
Cheers Grant

Back