Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit)

Grant, what a beautiful looking Xebec! The fact that your swear-jars are overflowing, well, maybe the Admiral deserves a little treat...

I have an admission to make: while I enjoy the lines of your Xebec from bow to stern, I still can't get used to that heli deck of yours; to me it looks out of wack, when compared to the rest of the ship. It has an almost B17-like appearance, it's nick being a big a.. bird...
Having said that; it's your model, your decisions and when all is said and done, it will very likely find a proud spot in the Grant household, my remarks a mere footnote in the history of this build.
Good morning Johan. Thank you. Funny you mention a treat for the Admiral….it is our 33 wedding anniversary today and she deserves to be spoilt putting up with me for so long…and so she will be.

I like it….”Grants Heli deck”. I now know what it is calledROTF. It was one of the design aspects I did over and over again. I did let the structure flow inwards )like @Ptèr showed is correct), outwards like the Monograph drawings but each made my stern not work. So Grants Heli deck was born. I really do enjoy it tho. Let’s see how it progresses as I continue. Cheers Grant

33 Years!. Congratulations to you both in sharing this time together. We also have been married 33yrs, a joy ride of Bliss, Excitement and Happiness. Still waiting for our first disagreement or argument. I just do as I'm told :rolleyes:

Congrats on your wedding anniversary and what a persevering Admiral! My respect!
June 1 is 38 years for me and my bride...or, as I like to say: 36 happy years (the first couple were a little rough Redface).
Happy anniversary Grant. It is also our 33rd anniversary this year also but not till November. She has told me it could be our last if I continue to buy more ships lol
People say congrats because they can't spell congratulashuns. Congrats, Grant!
People say congrats because they can't spell congratulashuns. Congrats, Grant!
CONGRATULATIONS and Happy Anniversary.

Jan
33 years? Well done Boet, and congrats to you both. Spoil her rotten Thumbsup
33 Years!. Congratulations to you both in sharing this time together. We also have been married 33yrs, a joy ride of Bliss, Excitement and Happiness. Still waiting for our first disagreement or argument. I just do as I'm told :rolleyes:
Thank you Guys. The best decision I made was 33 years ago.
1C9A50FA-3865-4EEF-8345-0FD1F3F7E93A.jpeg77098FA7-DF69-4217-8432-F865AD02CD59.jpeg
Anyway back to shipbuilding…
Cheers Grant

It's easier in Hebrew so .
מזל טוב ,יום נישואין שמח, אושר בריאות ונחת
תמשיכו להיות זוג מאושר בדיוק כמו בתמונות לעוד שנים מרובות.

If the Google translate do crappie job
so Congrats !
cheers
Guy

Good morning. I don’t take enough pictures of the whole ship….so here is a whole pile of Grants attempt for a Xebec for “Simon the dancer”. ;) Tried to get all angles.
View attachment 376973
View attachment 376974View attachment 376975View attachment 376976View attachment 376977View attachment 376978View attachment 376979
…..and a fun photo…
View attachment 376980
Cheers Grant
Good morning, Grant. I had to catchup a few pages, but the post with this pictures of the hull are very nice! Her lines looks great. And with your personal approach is nothing wrong.
And my (belated) Congratulations with your wedding day. My Best Wishes for the next 33-years.
Regards, peter

Back