Greetings

Thanks Fright, Anchorman , Brian .
Having a really tuff time with planking . Finally completed first plank , modified with palm sander to level , now the planks that will show are even harder .
Going to try 16 ft scale planks also ran out of nails so I have 5 different types of glue and none work right .

If you can open up a build log I am sure we can help you if you can include some photos. I am sure we all struggled with similar problems on our first build, so seeing how you are going about it will help us help you. For example, are you working from bow to stern for every plank? Are you bending the planks and how? What length planks are you trying to fit? What glue are you using?

Like graham mentioned already: the best would be to show the problem with short description, best off course in a building log, and we are able to discuss and explain possibilities to solve or give hints ...

Guys , after looking at some of the builds here I would not photograph my boat for money , as far as the glue situation goes I have Gorilla wood glue ,Gorilla super glue , Scotch high performance , and Weldwood contact cement , I spread it over the base hull then start sticking the full planks .
I also use water and a plank bender & soldering iron to bend the wood but some really sharp curves and the end are the problem . I have no problem with fitting in the spaces with the trimmed planks though. And I admit I should be more patient

Just show the pictures if you want to learn and get good advice. I am building my 3 th ship and still have a lot of problems and have to do things 3 times over. You learn the most when things Goedenacht wrong. Als lot of builders here have 10 or 20 or 30 years of experians and also still make some (little ) mistakes but show also great things that you can use in your build. So dont be afraid. Show and learn Just like in do every Day. I have bought a cheap kit from a nice ship because i want to feel ready for the more expensive kits. I follow build logs from the expensive version of this ship and see if i can improve This one and my skills. Making my own decorations now to add someting New to my skills. Dont be shy.

I cannot disagree with Pat! This is the perfect place for everyone: experienced or novices. Don' t afraid to show your work. We don't have here a competition, we would more than glad to help. :)

Hi from an struggling builder ,looking for some education from experienced builders. I purchased the boat "FAIR AMERICAN " and instructions are way over my head . But I will not give up .
Hallo @lou317
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back