H.M.S Enterprise plank on frame CAF Models 1/48.

3 years well spent, absolutely fantastic.
Here is my very late but just seen views of your exceptional Enterprese where your experience and skills present a standard to be sought by us of the lubbers class just off the beach or is it bench? Outstanding!!! PT-2

I had seen the price on ebay and I contacted ZHL models and asked Max if he could source it for me at a cheaper price. I Also felt more comfortable buying from that company as I have purchased there before and have the assurance of payal. So I got a better price and the 6 boxes arrived 10 days later.

Photo below is a few of the boxes under my bench.View attachment 27243
6 boxes?

Been rather excited about this kit and its been a most enjoyable build so far. All the laser cut parts are sharp and perfectly fitting.

So I have assembled the building board and laid down the keel and assembled the stem.

.View attachment 28389
That looks like an awesome jig for building this model. Crap, I wish I was working so I could get this model as well.

Heres a few close up photos.
The first picture is the stem assembly with thin black paper glued between the joins to show up the caulking. It has not been fine sanded yet.

The second picture is a close up of the keel with scarf joins and a rabbet cutout for receiving the planking. The numbers on the keel will be covered over with the ribs and not showing after assembly.

.View attachment 28390View attachment 28391
Any chance of seeing your process for placing and securing the faux "caulking"?

Been busy today, and glued up a few more parts.

This is the stern deadwood assembly under construction with black paper caulking between the joints. i will sandpaper and clean it up when the glue dries.

These small pincher clamps from Micro Mark are wonderful for holding odd shaped parts in place until it dries.

.View attachment 28870
Ahh, there it is. Thank you.

Back