H.M.S Enterprise plank on frame CAF Models 1/48.

Hello Brian, hello Jim

Thanks for the answer. I think it's a pity that the Enterprise does not go much further. I have a few more questions ... sorry ... I have followed your report with great excitement .. Can you still adjust a few pictures, or are the last pictures the last building condition? Are you planning to finish building someday?

Greetings and good luck with your new project Charlie

Brian if you put several coats of wood filler/sealer on the wood and get it sanded nice it will seal the wood and you wont get the paint bleed just an FYI for future

I might be late on this thread, but in reference to the decals I would do the following:
  • Paint final colour (Blue) with several coats (sanding in between) and after dry do some preliminary weathering if needed.
  • Apply two coats of the best/ finest gloss varnish- light sand in between.
  • With a perfectly smooth surface I would apply Micro-Set to area where decals need to go.
  • While the Micro-Set is still wet apply decals and 'roll' water/air bubbles out with a Q-Tip or cotton bud- working from the center to the edges.
  • Brush on some Micro Sol to allow the decal to become ever so slightly pliable and mold around the shapes. This also gets rid of the 'silvering' effect around the decal borders and internal negative spaces.
  • Then, once dry, apply one or two coats of fine Dull, Matte or Flat clear varnish.
  • Once varnish is dry final weathering can be applied to help blend the look in to the rest of the model.
But, before all this request another decal sheet from ZHL.

Hello Brian
I have noticed what you said,
1. Anchor-bolt, this may have been lost during packing. I can mail you another one
2. Decal, the thinner material was used in production, and now the better material has been updated,
I can send it to you.
I will try my best to do a good job after sales
You can contact me if you have any questions
Warm regards

CAF

Back