H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

I agree fully by the words of the others - BRAVO

Very good work on the lid(s) - very accurate

I removed and redid the two lower cheeks: a friend and great modeller pointed out to me their incorrect positioning, which diverged too much from the upper cheek!
Sometimes the most obvious mistakes are right under your nose but you can't see them!

prua-12.jpgprua-13.jpgprua-14.jpgprua-15.jpgprua-16.jpg

Sometimes the most obvious mistakes are right under your nose but you can't see them!
I agree with you Ricci. I thought everything looked perfect on your original post ... until you made the improvement! I hate to think about all the shortcomings on my current project - it is good to know we have friends to help us along the way!

Now with the correction we recognize also, that the cheeks were not parallel
Much better - good to change it new than maybe much later when such a repair would be much more problematic

Fantastic finish as we have come to expect from you.

One question.. did you blacken the port lid when it was already installed on the model?
And if so, how did you manage that without leaving traces on the ship itself?

Fantastic finish as we have come to expect from you.

One question.. did you blacken the port lid when it was already installed on the model?
And if so, how did you manage that without leaving traces on the ship itself?
yes!
it's very simple: before assembling the metal hinges, which will be burnished later, I treated the wooden part with shellac which seals the pores, preventing the burnisher from staining :cool:

You show the best that model making has to offer. The precision and craftsmanship with which you build the model is simply incredible. Historical model shipbuilding in perfection. Thank you for showing us. It's motivating.

Back