H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

As I had anticipated, I started a new challenge: the construction of an English frigate, with a carpentry that, until now, I had never approached. Very fascinating architecture, and a model, the Pegasus that struck me immediately, already from the first splendid images seen. I am studying a lot, because I would like to be able to come up with a model that is worthy of the great work done by David Antscherl and Greg Herbert and I count a lot on your help and support!

Meanwhile, I started setting up the first job:

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg

I am very happy to see your new project and that you started a building log of this highly interesting vessel.
I have also parts of the Swan class books, so I will follow your work with big interest ......
So it will be for you some new challenges - especially now working in the scale 1:36

Great start. Fantastic project with great help from TFFM books. After 10 months, I keep wanting to start again and do it better. I definitely will build this again after my already purchased other projects. Perhaps your bigger scale will be even more appealing.
(You might consider a mobile workspace rather than a turntable)

Wonderful work as always. Here's my question: did you taper the bottom of the apron to follow the fore taper of the keel before you installed on the keel? Many thanks for this log.

Great Start! Precision work! Can I borrow your milling machine?
Are you building in Cherry wood? It looks beautiful!
I will watch and learn, maybe some day I will try a scratch build.

Good Luck,
Mike

Wonderful work as always. Here's my question: did you taper the bottom of the apron to follow the fore taper of the keel before you installed on the keel? Many thanks for this log.
no, i will do it later, when i have installed cant frames; I think it is more accurate

Great Start! Precision work! Can I borrow your milling machine?
Are you building in Cherry wood? It looks beautiful!
I will watch and learn, maybe some day I will try a scratch build.

Good Luck,
Mike
No, Mike! i am using pear wood

Back