HALCON 1840 1/100 scale

I've just soaked my bulwarks in warm water for about 10-15 minutes and I was able to clamp them to sides of my boat, I'm going to leave them to dry overnight and hopefully fingers crossed they will hold the shape after drying, I'll post another thread tomorrow to show how it went
16207738225381783983132811970837.jpg

I've just soaked my bulwarks in warm water for about 10-15 minutes and I was able to clamp them to sides of my boat, I'm going to leave them to dry overnight and hopefully fingers crossed they will hold the shape after drying, I'll post another thread tomorrow to show how it went
View attachment 232836
IMG_20210512_000152_7.jpg

Got my bulmarks into shape with a soak hot water and clamped them into place to dry overnight, tonight I painted them and glued them in position. I'll take a better picture tomorrow when the glue is dry and the clamps gone, then onto the planking

16209449220645297674740249067080.jpg

It's slowly but surely starting to take shape, I got the bulwarks, handrails and some deck furniture done today. I have a good colour scheme in mind but I'm not going to worry about that until I get all the planking done, I also have to put the transom on, but I'm really enjoying this my first build and thanks for all the helpful tips and advice I've received from u guys & gals 16210291393248228989112066797584.jpg

View attachment 232836
Hallo @PeterMichael
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

It's slowly but surely starting to take shape, I got the bulwarks, handrails and some deck furniture done today. I have a good colour scheme in mind but I'm not going to worry about that until I get all the planking done, I also have to put the transom on, but I'm really enjoying this my first build and thanks for all the helpful tips and advice I've received from u guys & gals View attachment 233295
How do you build the transom? Nowhere on the plans does it show parts. Do you cut cross pieces and fit them the the same way as you do the side planking?

Hallo @PeterMichael
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

How is your work on the Halcon going? I hope you are still a ship model builder.....

Back