Halifax Build Log: Lumberyard

Hi Lawerence, The Halifax is complete, just need to finish the stand, WORKING ON THE BLANFORD, haveing a hard time understanding one part stopping me right now from continuing, until Mike41 tells me what I am doing wrong, also GOT TO GET READY FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTS, and starting the GUN BOAT PHILADELPHIA, will put up a building log on it, also the STANJAYCHT IS ONE PART FROM COMPLETION, also upgrading a lot of my power tools. THANKS FOR LOOKING CHECK OUT MY BLANFORD BUILD. Don

Hello Don
Great job on your Halifax, are you going to put her in a dust free display case. My Oliver Cromwell is moving along very slowly. Finally got all the framing ribs cut out and roughly sanded. Now I must learn just how to make tree nails, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Don, now I have read this whole log, a very nice ship,do you have a break with this building, BDW good work.

Hi Knut and Lawerence, The Halifax is complete all it needs is a base, wich I have not done yet, as for a case would love to get one but very highly expensive, if my son-in-law and my daughter will let me use the big power tools at there lake cottage this summer, I will attempt to make my own. THANKS GUYS. Don

I'm looking forward to se you created the exhibition platform and showing us. This is the same type of model I want to build after Blandford.
Do not know which ship it is yet, but it will be one with a minimum of carvings and rigging.
The book Dave Stevens refers to in your log I want to buy first. (Build-a-Plank-on-Frame-Model-Ship),
so I'm better prepared before I start with the next project.
If Uwe sees this message then there is probably a review / link of this book.
Thanks for your informative log, Regards

Dave a little confused as always so I understand, I took some pictures, from what you show of the keel placement the frame fit into the deeper notches(for clarification I will call deeper notches and larger notches) if my understanding is correct the Frames fit the jig in the larger notche an on the Keel the shorter notches, have pictures, TELL ME IF I AM CORRECT SO I CAN START PUTTING FRAMES IN THE JIG. Showing Frame V movedone spce to left. Frame C one space to left, where I have jig marked space should be marked Frame. Top view showing Frames to Keel. Frames C and J one space to left. Showing Frames Nos. A and C shifted to high notch THIS DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT still NOT SURE OF FRAME No A how it fits.View attachment 27679View attachment 27680View attachment 28108View attachment 28109View attachment 28110
Forgive me if I am wrong but as far as I know I thought that the outer part of the jig is used for the build. The part you are using is not used.
Regards JANET

Great to have build log for this vessel. When looking for future builds this amount of information is useful when selecting a kit.
Beautiful job on this model. I hope this post finds you well.

Back