HARBOR DREDGE/ KRIS SZKUTNIK

OK THIS IS GOING TO BE THE START OF A BUILDING LOG IT IS A SEMI/ SCRATCH KIT THAT I ORDERED FROM KRIS IN POLAND RIGHT NOW ONE OF A KIND BASED ON ANCRE MONOGRAPH WHEN IT ARRIEVES I WILL POST A REVIEW, IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL POST SOME PRLIMINARY IDEAS FOR OPEN DISCUSSION WITH LESSONS LEARNED FROM LE ROCHEFORT WITCH I AM STILL WORKING ON I REALLYDID NOT TAK AGE AND AGING EFFECT WHEN DOING THE LE ROCHEFORT I JUST CAN NOT SEE WELL ENOUGH ANYMORE TO DO MILLING ACCURATLY DEPTH AND WIDTH ALL OVER THE PLACE, SO HENCE KRIS AND SMI-SCRATCH/KIT AND AS ALWAYS COMENTS CRITISIMS WELCOME. GOD BLESS ALL STAY SAFE DON

I have seen plans for a harbor dredge with big side scoops, I will be watching this one of a kind build.

Good luck and hope your doing well.

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW JUST GOT HOME FROM GETTING FIRST COVID VACCINE MODERANA, NEXT ONE MARCH 4TH,,, THANKS KURT WILL BE POSTING SOME PRELIMINARY THOUGHTS ON HOW TO PROCEED, AGAIN ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Good to hear you got your first shot, now to sit, work and wait for second.

Them maybe you can get out and see the world again, from safe social distance! :eek:

Is it based on the drawings made by Gérard Delacroix?

IMG_14111.jpg

I will follow with big interest and also very interested in the semi kit from SZKUTNIK ....

Ahoy!

@Uwek and OTHERS

The small explanation.

The design of the 3D Dredger Machine has over 10 years old and based on the drawings made by Gérard Delacroix.
I used this material to learn Rhinoceros software.

Some time ago, DON (donfar) request me to perform for him several elements: the skeleton of the dredger, the skeleton of the boat and two wheels.

DON WROTE ......... BASED ON ANCRE PLANS AND MONOGRAPH ORDERED BY ME FOR SPECIFIC PARTS THAT I CAN NOT DO, TO AGE AND PHYSICAL CONDITION, ALL CNC, IN PEAR WOOD WITH JIG..............................................................

I wrote the codes and cut it on a CNC milling machine for Don. THIS IS DON MODEL. I just a little helped him. That's all.

Material: solid Pear Wood (NOT PLYWOOD). Elements cut with a CNC milling machine (NOT LASER) without burning the edges. Perfect solution for POF models. It is enough to lightly sand the place of fastenings and the edges of the frames.

j1.jpgj2.jpg
j6.jpgj4.jpgj3.jpgdm1.jpgdm2.jpgdm3.jpg

And JIG for DON

dm4.jpg
dm5.jpg

Last edited:
This is looking very good and will help Don (and others) very much - Good to know, that you are very flexibel and can prepare and produce such elements.
Especially things like a such jig are helping beginners in scratch modeling extremely..... Many Thanks for the detailed explanations and the introduction of this order from Don. Good idea Don !

THANK YOU UWE, I HAVE BEEN THINKING ON THESE LINES SINCE LE ROCHEFORT, WHERE MY AGE LIMITATIONS SHOWED THROUGH BUT I AM STILL WORKING ON IT PLACING KEELSON AND STERN DETAILS AGAIN BIGGEST PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS GETTING THE FRAMES SEATED AT THE RIGHT DEPTH THAT MAARATEN EXPLAINED BUT MY BRAIN HAS NOT GOT IT YET, BUT THAT IS JUST THE BEGINING OF MY IDEA AND KRIS BIG, BIG, BIG HELP HE IS FANTATIC ONE OTHER ITEM THA I HAVE BECOMING MORE INTRIGUED WIT IS THE LARGE VERY LARGE SHIPS BOAT 25 FRAMES ON THIS ALONE SHOWN ON PLAN SET 8, I WILL BE POSTING SOME PICTURES FROM PLANS AND MONOGRAPHS, I AM EXTREMLY EXCITED BY THIS WILL SURLY KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED, THANKS AGAIN KRIS, MORE IDEAS IN MY MIND. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Ahoy!

Uwek wrote ..... Good to know, that you are very flexible and can prepare and produce such elements.
Especially things like a such jig are helping beginners in scratch modeling extremely.....

Uwek - we are open to any suggestions :) .

Below JIG for a small boat . Attachment for Dredge machine.
147472398_421258785652874_1698024071052178354_n.jpg

Last edited:
OK HAS BEEN SHIPPED FROM POLAND, JUST SHOWING SOME OF THE PLANS FROM THE MONORAPH THERE 1O PLAN SHEETS, AS I SAID BEFORE MAYBE TAKE IT A LITTLE FURTHER WHAT I CALL A SEMI/SCRATCH KIT AS I DESCRIBED IT ANYONE CAN ORDER WHAT EVER PART FROM KRIS SOMEONE MAY NOT WANT THE JIG BUT SOMETHING ELSE THEREFORE ORDER WHAT YOU WANT SEMI/SCRATCH KIT REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

20210212_212520.jpg20210212_212702.jpg20210212_212904.jpg20210212_213000.jpg20210212_213222.jpg

I think this is a great project , something different , long overdue
Totally ready to purchase
When can we expect the finished product to hit the market

HI KRIS, DO NOT KNOW WHY IT IS A DIFFERENT BUILD A BREAK FROM THE 5 YEAR PROJECT OF A 74 GUN SHIP, LOVE THESE KIND OF SHIPS AND LIKE THE VOLLAGE, THANKS FOR THIS IT LOOKS FANTASTIC. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back