Harvey 1847 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for the comments. I had made some mistakes and use the wrong materials in the very beginning as I had not the instruction. It is fine after I got the instruction and increase the tools as I am the beginner for timber model.

Congratulation ,very well done,thanks for sharing your build with us!
It is beautiful. It seems I should make some amendments for the sails as yours and not according to the instructions. Thanks for the pictures.

Hi Felix. You did a fine job on the Harvey. I really like the contrast in wood colours.

Thanks. I try to use the natural colour of the timber supplied without any paint. I like the contrast too.

Yes use the natural colors it looks nice with the different timbers..If you are ...as advice...I use 2 coats of poly varnish and turps 50/50 mix and really soak the timber in it......Rub down with fine scourer between coats....Then I leave the ship out in the sun for a good few hours so it is quite warm and then soak in Scandinavian teak oil.This gives it the seal that keeps the timbers nice for years and also water proofs it fully . I have attached another ship I have done with a nice contrast in timbers finished exactly as I said above . This one is about 10 years old and is The Le HussardLe Hussard.JPG

Yes use the natural colors it looks nice with the different timbers..If you are ...as advice...I use 2 coats of poly varnish and turps 50/50 mix and really soak the timber in it......Rub down with fine scourer between coats....Then I leave the ship out in the sun for a good few hours so it is quite warm and then soak in Scandinavian teak oil.This gives it the seal that keeps the timbers nice for years and also water proofs it fully . I have attached another ship I have done with a nice contrast in timbers finished exactly as I said above . This one is about 10 years old and is The Le HussardView attachment 149299
Thanks Robert. I will do the protecting coating after the ship completed.

Hallo @Felix ,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you start already another project? You made a very good model out of this kit, which is one of the older ones from AL

Hallo @Felix ,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you start already another project? You made a very good model out of this kit, which is one of the older ones from AL
Uwek, Thank you. No new project for the moment. The kit I bought over 25 years ago but no time to build. I had reserved a display cabinet for the ship during the house renovation last year. Finally I got the ship be built. I enjoy the building process although I have not enough appropriate tools. My pleasure to share the pictures in the display cabinet as below.20200611_165328.jpg 20200611_165312.jpg

Hello
I am looking for the instruction manual for wooden model ship Harvey 1847 1:96 scale.
Would be somebody so kind to send me that?
Best Regards
Jan

Hello
The scale correction: I am looking for the instruction manual for wooden model ship Harvey 1847 1:130 scale.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
Jan

Back