Heller 1/100 HMS Victory

Wow - this model is looking fantastic - especially also in this very small scale of 1:100 - great appearance
Off course it would be great to show us your building log also here.....
Another question: The ship in your footnote is a different frigate.......which one is it?

IMHO, this is a classic example of what you can do with commercial kits. Have you used any aftermarket additional parts e.g. desk or other PE parts? In any way, a great looking model, Paul! Thumbs-Up

Wow - this model is looking fantastic - especially also in this very small scale of 1:100 - great appearance
Off course it would be great to show us your building log also here.....
Another question: The ship in your footnote is a different frigate.......which one is it?
That is the Model Shipways Privateer Rattlesnake with the solid hull. I finished it back in 1984.

IMHO, this is a classic example of what you can do with commercial kits. Have you used any aftermarket additional parts e.g. desk or other PE parts? In any way, a great looking model, Paul! Thumbs-Up

Yes - I did use some aftermarket items from HISModel.com in the Czech Republic. I used their sails, and a lot of photo etch as well as extra blocks, deadeyes and brass cannon barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous model and a great website PaulThumbsupI was curious if you had used some of Dafi's etch on your model.He has 8,I think, separate lots of etch now for this model.It does add considerable expense but the detail is exquisite.I am surprised more people don't use it on the wooden kits available in 1/98.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Fabulous model and a great website PaulThumbsupI was curious if you had used some of Dafi's etch on your model.He has 8,I think, separate lots of etch now for this model.It does add considerable expense but the detail is exquisite.I am surprised more people don't use it on the wooden kits available in 1/98.
Kind Regards
Nigel
With Daniel, alias Dafi I was together in Rochefort in 2018 - and I could see his Heller model and also his etchings he is producing - Extremely good parts - and worth every Euro

Congratulations for this really fine built model - looking very good
Especially your sails are very realistic

Back