Hello from Cambridge, MA!

Hello!

I'm a 30-year-old literary translator and copy editor who grew up bouncing between London and Boulder, Colorado but eventually settled in Cambridge, MA. Seeing all of the incredible work on this forum (especially Daniel's spectacular scratch build of Le Requin) inspired me to give this hobby a go as a way to indulge my interest in historical shipbuilding techniques and unwind in the evenings after writing and studio work. It certainly beats Netflix!

I'm new to ship modeling in particular, but I studied Fine Arts with a concentration in sculpture and have years of experience in wood and metal fabrication, hopefully they'll serve me well here! I'm just starting my first build, the 1750 French xebec Le Requin using Shang Chi's 1:72 POF kit and the (rescaled) Ancre plans. I put the keel down yesterday—aiming to get a build log written up and posted sometime later this month.

Cheers,
Amelia

Welcome !!! And you do not need to wait to post. Just start your build log with the keel setup. Pictures and issues finds and solved are always welcome. Also SOS members will help you to solve those issues and many will learn from your postings.

Cheers
Daniel

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
It would be great to see your Chebec in a building log.

Hello!

I'm a 30-year-old literary translator and copy editor who grew up bouncing between London and Boulder, Colorado but eventually settled in Cambridge, MA. Seeing all of the incredible work on this forum (especially Daniel's spectacular scratch build of Le Requin) inspired me to give this hobby a go as a way to indulge my interest in historical shipbuilding techniques and unwind in the evenings after writing and studio work. It certainly beats Netflix!

I'm new to ship modeling in particular, but I studied Fine Arts with a concentration in sculpture and have years of experience in wood and metal fabrication, hopefully they'll serve me well here! I'm just starting my first build, the 1750 French xebec Le Requin using Shang Chi's 1:72 POF kit and the (rescaled) Ancre plans. I put the keel down yesterday—aiming to get a build log written up and posted sometime later this month.

Cheers,
Amelia
Hallo @dizzysma
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello!

Cheers,
Amelia
Hallo @dizzysma
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back