Hello from Italy!

Greetings to all the members and administrators of this wonderful forum! My name is Gianpiero, I live in a small town in southern Italy and I share with you the passion for the historical reconstruction of warship models, in particular I prefer the period of the '700 and, currently I am working on a French corvette, L 'Amarante, and a frigate, also French, the Venus, the latter in a scale that for me is at the limit of the impossible. I hope, with the help of all of you, to complete these works and improve my knowledge!

152.jpg

Welcome aboard SOS!!! We are glad you found us and hope you will like it here!! Is it possible for you to open the build log for one (or both ) of your wonderful models? What do you think? :)

Welcome, nice work, feel free to show more photos, greetings from Norway-

Hallo Gianpiero,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum - I am very happy, that you have found us.
I am also a big fan of the La Venus monograph from Jean Boudriot, which is the basis also of your work, I guess......
I have also the planset with the complete framing, so once I plan to build the Venus (or the Egyptienne) in scratch.
For everybody of the members interested here is the link to the Planset Review:
Maybe interesting for you Gianpiero, could be also this publication Les maquettes de navires anciens vues à travers - LA VENUS de 1782 - Compilation des articles parus dans les numéros 220 à 298 du Modèle réduit de bateau by Pierre Corbieres

The other ship Amarante is based on Gérard Delacroix planset

It would be great, if you would show us your very good work in a building log.
As I understand you are working in smaller scales than the "usual" 1:48?

thank you so much, friends!

Hallo Gianpiero,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum - I am very happy, that you have found us.
I am also a big fan of the La Venus monograph from Jean Boudriot, which is the basis also of your work, I guess......
I have also the planset with the complete framing, so once I plan to build the Venus (or the Egyptienne) in scratch.
For everybody of the members interested here is the link to the Planset Review:
Maybe interesting for you Gianpiero, could be also this publication Les maquettes de navires anciens vues à travers - LA VENUS de 1782 - Compilation des articles parus dans les numéros 220 à 298 du Modèle réduit de bateau by Pierre Corbieres

The other ship Amarante is based on Gérard Delacroix planset

It would be great, if you would show us your very good work in a building log.
As I understand you are working in smaller scales than the "usual" 1:48?
I will soon open two posts related to the construction of both the Amarante and the Venus; I just need some time to sort out the many photos I have.
The scale I used for La Venus is almost a challenge against myself, an attempt to try to see if I was able to overcome my limits: 1:96.

For the Amarante I used a more comfortable 1:30 scale

Welcome friend. You look like a great Model maker and very beautiful 1:96 boat. looking forward for more from you sir.

Gianpiero’s logs

Back