Hello from Lake Macquarie, NSW

Hi,
I’ve been a member of the forum for some time, and have been using it for research, but now I’m finally getting around to starting a build so I thought I should introduce myself.

This will be my first attempt at model boat building, but it’s really a return to modelling from my much earlier days…aeromodelling back in the balsa and tissue days, and plastic modelling of cars & aircraft etc. I’m a big fan of working boats (tugs, trawlers etc) from the first half of the 20th century, so my first project will be a kit for the trawler Mary Ann from Billing Boats. I couldn’t see a build log for her on this site, so I thought that I’d put something together as I go. I’ll get that started on that in the next week or so.

Pete

from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum - better on the active part of the members.
Good to hear, that you have used our forum already for research, so we are looking forward to see your work on the Mary Ann

Welcome to our forum for your build. I look forward to watching along.

If you need assistance we have many fine members down under and who knows one may be near to you.

Hi,
I’ve been a member of the forum for some time, and have been using it for research, but now I’m finally getting around to starting a build so I thought I should introduce myself.

This will be my first attempt at model boat building, but it’s really a return to modelling from my much earlier days…aeromodelling back in the balsa and tissue days, and plastic modelling of cars & aircraft etc. I’m a big fan of working boats (tugs, trawlers etc) from the first half of the 20th century, so my first project will be a kit for the trawler Mary Ann from Billing Boats. I couldn’t see a build log for her on this site, so I thought that I’d put something together as I go. I’ll get that started on that in the next week or so.

Pete
Good luck with your build Pete, and welcome to the SoS forums.

Airplanes made oui of tissue and balsa is what hooked me on modeling. That was over 65 years ago. Hi.

Back