Hello from Mexico

Hello all. Modeler from Mexico here. Started with plastic kits and now building in wood.
I have completed 4 "traditional" A. Latina and Corel kits.
I am now interested in one of those Japanese Okumoto kits. I see them as a different challenge in the same hobby.
Best regards

Welcome aboard SOS Yuliboe! Okumoto kits have some nice selections on POF (Plank On Frame) kits. I would be interested to see the kit review and the actual build log of the model. Do you know what model you will buy?

to those who never hear about this manufacturer, here is a video building 1:80 Endeavour

Hello. Undecided between La Couronne or the Endeavour. La Couronne is more of the type of ships I like, but the Endeavour looks like more of a challenge.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome to the forum Yuliboe.I have never seen one of these great kits built and would love to see one as a build on SOS.

Off topic,but I would point out in the video no laser "char" was removed.I remember a discussion a number of years ago and Chris Watton had carried out some tests.There was no loss of strength in the joint without sanding.The Char is a bit of a myth,what you see is discolouration,the ash is left on the bed of the profiler.This is dependant on a good quality of cut.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Nigel, Good to know about the strength of glueing laser-cut edges. However, the laser cut is not perfectly vertical, but has a tiny angle to it. When making frames from laser-cut futtocks in my CAF HMS Enterprise, I sand both futtocks at the joints. Otherwise, there is about a 0.5-0.8 mm gap in one side of the joint.
AlexAFD2841B-C21B-45D0-8AE8-BF4B8E363BE5.jpeg12AB70A2-1268-4653-8063-131E60796619.jpeg Before and after sanding.

Last edited:
Hello, I am also a wooden ship modeler from MEXICO, living in Queretaro city, I have never eared about that Japanese make of ship kits, the video about it’s way of construction seems interesting.
I have built 6 ships, 3 dynamic R/C, and 3 Static, currently I am building the HMS VICTORY from Artesanía Latina.0ECD1C13-9C8C-4A7F-8029-C97E7EA3620E.jpeg

Hola, Mucho gusto. Este sitio de web es muy bueno. Yo he aprendido muchísimo ! Naci en CDMX, pero vivo en Houston. Me acabo de retirar, y me estoy dedicando bastante al hobby. Bienvenidos. Puedes poner tu construcción del Victory aquí. Ayuda mucho, y también otros miembros pueden ver el tipo y calidad del kit...

Alex. Rosas

Hello all. Modeler from Mexico here. Started with plastic kits and now building in wood.
I am now interested in one of those Japanese Okumoto kits. I see them as a different challenge in the same hobby.
Best regards

Hallo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Yuliboe
HAPPY BIRTHDAYBirthday-Cake
wish you you all the BEST and that you will continue to build many models of ships while enjoying the process. :)

Best regards
one more year gone......
Hallo @Yuliboe
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back