Hello from northern Norway

Hi shipmates.

My name is Børge, i have been building models of wood and plastic since i was a kid.(a while ago) :roll:

Last summer i got the spark again, i had the Billing Boats Dragon on the shelf, its been sitting there for about 25 years, looking like it have been stranded on a cliff.
Then i started to restore that pretty ship, and i was bitten again, witch i dont regret.
I started the restoration job that turned out to be more like a scratch build, and there i am now.
I have on the shelf the MS 2040 USS Constitution as my next project.

Børge :)

I will put my build log in here to :)

Hi there Anja

And thanks for the warm welcome. :banana-dance:

I also gonna have my buildlog for the Dragon here.

Børge

Sjors55 said:
Velkommen Børge :text-welcomewave:

Yes, you are here. And it is great to see you here. I too am glad you joined.
You will feel right at home here.

I will look forward to your buildlog of the USS Constitution. I believe she now lies in Boston Harbour.
Did you know that she earned her nickname “Old Ironsides” after a sailor saw a cannonball bounce off her hull?

Sjors :auto-driving:

Hi Sjors

Thanks fo rthe welcome.

Yes, i have read up a little about the ship, it must have been a real sight for the eyes when the cannonball bouned off the hull, it takes a strong hull to resist that. :)

Welcome:
The USS Constution seems like it would be a challenge. I built it from a Mantua kit before Model shipways came out with their kit. Thus, I am interested in how this one will go together. It looks much better than Mantua's and it is a bigger ship. I have attached pictures of two books that are good reference for this ship.

Attachments

• USS Constution.jpg
    USS Constution.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3,621
  • USS Constution 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,621
:text-welcomewave:

Welcome Børge

I look forward to reading about your ship.

Donnie

GaryM said:
Welcome:
The USS Constution seems like it would be a challenge. I built it from a Mantua kit before Model shipways came out with their kit. Thus, I am interested in how this one will go together. It looks much better than Mantua's and it is a bigger ship. I have attached pictures of two books that are good reference for this ship.

Hi Gary

Thanks, i have the Anatomy of the ship book, its very good, and contents the ship in the period i like to build it. I love the 5 windows confiuration at the stern, but is obviously a lot harder to do. I have good time to deside what to do, i will complete the Dragon, and i also have the Billing Bolougne Etaples ready biuldt, but needs some work to be completed...

popeye said:
hello there Borge! so glad to see you here! :text-welcomeconfetti:

Hi there Popeye, glad to be here :)

Its a nice forum, looking forward to this

Børge

Donnie said:
:text-welcomewave:

Welcome Børge

I look forward to reading about your ship.

Donnie

Hi Donnie, thanks a lot. we will have fun :)
This is an amazing hobby. :banana-dance:

Børge

rdsaplala said:
Hello Børge,

It's nice to see you here, welcome and feel at home mate :)
I'm looking forward to seeing the log of your beautiful ship here Sir :cool:

Hi Aldo. :greetings-waveyellow:

Thanks, i already feel like home :), great people in a great place.. :handgestures-thumbup:
Will start to copy most of the Dragon build log over here, so it is easier to follow, for new shipmates...

Børge.

popeye said:
I have the frame and the pilot house roughed out already.......did it while I was waiting to get the Regina / Susan A. I put it on the shelf for now. perhaps when you get around to restoring your Boulogne......I will be ready to resume mine.

Hi Popeye

That could be interesting, we both like to make the most, and then som more out of the builds. :)

Børge

Hallo,
a long time member from Norway has Birthday today
We wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
- hope the candles can bring some light into the darkness of Tromsø
Birthday-Cake

Hi shipmates.

My name is Børge, i have been building models of wood and plastic since i was a kid.(a while ago) :roll:

Last summer i got the spark again, i had the Billing Boats Dragon on the shelf, its been sitting there for about 25 years, looking like it have been stranded on a cliff.
Then i started to restore that pretty ship, and i was bitten again, witch i dont regret.
I started the restoration job that turned out to be more like a scratch build, and there i am now.
I have on the shelf the MS 2040 USS Constitution as my next project.

I will put my build log in here to :)
Hallo Børge
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back