Hello from Portsmouth, UK

Hello Bob,
I have a favour to ask you
If yo have time , at the next visit at historic dockyard can you ask the curator to take several pictures on Janet?
I have to design the ship wheel mechanism and the details are little , A picture perpendiculr on the support between the wheel and the front cabin wall will be awesome.Also a picture of the bulkheads between cabins will help.
Also the mechanism to rise the anchor and the mast support ?
I will attach some images to explain
Many thanks ,Daniel

wiew.jpgship wheel mechanism.jpg

Hello Bob,
I have a favour to ask you
If yo have time , at the next visit at historic dockyard can you ask the curator to take several pictures on Janet?
I have to design the ship wheel mechanism and the details are little , A picture perpendiculr on the support between the wheel and the front cabin wall will be awesome.Also a picture of the bulkheads between cabins will help.
Also the mechanism to rise the anchor and the mast support ?
I will attach some images to explain
Many thanks ,Daniel
Could you send me a reminder in a couple of weeks please Daniel. I'm laid up with probable covid at the moment and will probably forget. Bear in mind that none of the internals are original so you have a bit of leeway with the design.

Hello Bob I wish you a speedy recovery !
And If is Covid to be a easy variant !
Kind regards,Daniel

I'm a retiree working as a marine artist, scale shipbuilder and knife maker. Living in Portsmouth I have access to Victory, Warrior and the Historic Dockyard. Much of my work is in collaboration with Peter Goodwin, previous curator of HMS Victory, who's knowledge of history and ship structure seem bottomless. My projects would take twice as long without his enthusiastic assistance. My build preferences are smaller, shapely vessels such as revenue cutters, luggers and brigs. I use Greenwich drafts with my own drawings as a guide.
Hallo @Bob Ellis
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I'm a retiree working as a marine artist, scale shipbuilder and knife maker. Living in Portsmouth I have access to Victory, Warrior and the Historic Dockyard. Much of my work is in collaboration with Peter Goodwin, previous curator of HMS Victory, who's knowledge of history and ship structure seem bottomless. My projects would take twice as long without his enthusiastic assistance. My build preferences are smaller, shapely vessels such as revenue cutters, luggers and brigs. I use Greenwich drafts with my own drawings as a guide.
Hallo Bob alias @Bob Ellis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

Back