Hello Guys

kay

Hi Guys,

My name is Kay and I come from the beautiful Black Forest in Germany. As some of you know, I am the owner of a german forum about sailing ships and history. There has recently been a discussion about plagiarism of model kits, mainly from China. But before I believe anything, i convince myself. And so I signed up here to meet you. Of course, i also build ships. I'm already 10 years on the Royal William build, and an end is not in sight.

At the moment, however, my model-making work is resting. I also occasionally restore an old ship.
For my friend Karl Heinz Marquardt I publish his last written book "The Millenium of Sailing Ship", which will be published in some parts later this year. Since Karl is already 91 years old, I have to hurry.
So, as you see, time is one of my main problems, I never have enough of it.

Regards Kay

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
You will find here a lot of interesting building logs, either kits and also scratch, so take a look around.
Your Royal William is a great looking model and we hope, if you once have some spare time, to see more of your work
Great to have you on board

G'day from the Land Downunder aswell Kay.
Welcome to our family. You can look at all our logs and I know that you will be convinced that our Chinese kits are completely different to any other that are available anywhere else.
I for one is building a ZHL 1:30 scale of the Royal Caroline. This kit is out of this world.
Glad that you can join us and I hope that you can spread the word that SOS does not condone copyright material, but we let our members to have their choice in buying the kit they want to have.
Happymodeling
Greg

There has recently been a discussion about plagiarism of model kits, mainly from China. But before I believe anything, i convince myself. And so I signed up here to meet you.

welcome to SOS
happy to see you come to see for yourself what we are all about and you will find we are about the art of model ship building and that's about it. No we do not ban people and run around yelling and screaming about piracy and boycotting and who is doing what to who, just model ship building and ignore all the other rubbish so enjoy!

there is a forum statement that spells it all out if you care to read it and you can speak your mind if you so choose.

I see you also are owner of a German forum very nice perhaps one of these days we can join together and share build logs a collaboration between the forums to permote and advance this fine hobby and art

Last edited:
hello Kay, also a warm welcome from me in this family forum.
Beautiful place where you live (the black forest). You will soon see that we want to build something here and are happy that we spend our dollars or euros on the things we want to buy and that no one decides where to buy as it should be in a free world.
I am still working on my second building myself (the first was the Victory of MANTUA and the second is the Santisima Trinidad of OCCRE) so it can not be more europser. But notwithstanding this I ended up Banned in another forum only for talking here about other non-European kits
greetings from Ostend
Willy (dj56)

Hallo @kay ,
we wish you all the Best to your 50th birthday
Celebrate your special day
Birthday-Cake

Wow, nice round numbers. Happy Anniversary!! Birthday-Cake Enjoy your special day, and be sure to have many more!

Welcome Kay - nice to have you join the family here.

Back