Help with ship identity

where did the image come from a book or internet? is there more image to see what is in the upper right corner?

And from which navy or country it should come - to narrow the field a little bit

Thanks for the quick response Dave
The photo came from the internet, pinterest to be exact and that is all there is of it. Unfortunately, there is no more information I have or can give.

View attachment 113309
any help is always greatly appreciated! Thanks

Greg
L
Thanks for the quick response Dave
The photo came from the internet, pinterest to be exact and that is all there is of it. Unfortunately, there is no more information I have or can give.
try to do a reverse image search,it will give all the links where the image was posted,something might show up

that would almost be impossible to ID the exact ship without more information or access to a plan database.

I would guess the year from 1650 to 1710 maybe

the figurehead looks like a female figure, British were fond of lions so maybe French or Dutch could be Spanish

like Zoltan suggest try to trace the source of the image to see where it came from. From there you might be able to narrow it down to a Country and time period

So far Dave at least the image of the ship is of the years you are suggesting that's what I'm aiming for and hoping for French, Dutch would be okay too. I'm also guessing it's of the 35-40 gun variety. This was the image ID if that helps 4d6360a66d8157a901645a8e84390e60 Thanks Zoly How do you do a reverse image search I've been trying to find it again

Not much information given at Threedecks about the Storman (1703)

aa.JPG

and

Storman 1703 built especially travel in Elbe (flat-bottomed).
She was built at Neumühlen. There was 44-guns (18-18, 18-12, 8-4 pdr.)
The ship dimensions was very unusual, the draught was very little, only 7-6 ft. fore, and 9 ft. aft.
Beam was very large : 37 ft, and lenght was only 122 ft.(lenght-beam ratio was only 3,3).
Displacement was c.600 t. only.

On this web-page is written, that the photo is from the book DANSKE ORLOGSSKIBE 1690-1860, Konstruktion og dekoration by Bjerg, Hans Christian & John Erichsen - here is the book review:

IMG_22691.jpg

I have to check the content and see if there are more information available in the book

I do not think there is any other forum that would be able to start with nothing more than an image and tell you what ship it was, were it was built year it was built and by who. This is exactly what makes this forum so great the members will take the time and actually help out.

now if there is any else we can help you with just post it.
we have members here who can help with research, design, help with drawings, mill wood etc.

Another question for the group: What are the lengths of an 18pdr 12pdr 4pdr cannons?

Another question for the group: What are the lengths of an 18pdr 12pdr 4pdr cannons?

Dave, I think this one is all you, buddy!

as you can see in the topic looking at cannons it depends on the country, who did the casting, when the cannon was cast and what the gun was used for,

first image is a 24 pounder however there are 24 long guns and 24 short, naval and field

ok 1732 sea service brass the 24, 18 and 12 pounders were all 9 feet 6 inches

iron 4 pounder 4 feet 6 inches

1760s Armstrong gun 24 pounder 9 feet iron

1816 24 pound Grover gun 6 feet 6 inches

Blomefield design 1800 long and short guns 9 feet 6 inches short 7 feet 6 inches 12 pounders 7 feet

on an average the 24,18 and 12 pound naval guns were 9 to 9 1/2 feet

Back