Hi from Arkansas

Hi my name is Rusty and I’m a newbie to wooden model ships. I’ve been painting figures professionally for over twenty years and have Built plastics off and on for a number of years too along with some RC planes. NOW...this wood modeling business is something ALL together different . I have the Artesania Latina Santa Maria as my first kit. It looks complex to me but I have been told it’s a decent first time ship since I do have some experience building other models. We’ll see lol. I’m excited to get started and learn from all that this site has to offer. Thanks !

Welcome to the forum Rusty.I have no experience of this kit,but if it contains the step by step photographs in other Artesania's kits,it is a good starting point.Please start a build log,if you need any help then this makes it easier for members to offer advice.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Welcome Rusty, from south Louisiana. Also a fair newbie. Also come from background of plastic models. Indeed, this is a whole new kettle of fish. What I’ve enjoyed most is this type of model building requires less emphasis on the painting and finish. More on craftsmanship. Besides I was a crappy painter and just wanted to construct stuff...

Welcome to SOS Rusty, good luck with your project and greetings from Norway.

Welcome to SOS Rusty.
You will find the members here more than happy to assist you in any way that they can.
Please start a build log when you begin your build. {Lots of pics please} :)
Not only is it exciting for us to see a ship develop, but it also assists anyone giving advice to be more accurate with their assistance.
Looking forward to following along.
Have fun.
Tony

Hi my name is Rusty and I’m a newbie to wooden model ships. I’ve been painting figures professionally for over twenty years and have Built plastics off and on for a number of years too along with some RC planes. NOW...this wood modeling business is something ALL together different . I have the Artesania Latina Santa Maria as my first kit. It looks complex to me but I have been told it’s a decent first time ship since I do have some experience building other models. We’ll see lol. I’m excited to get started and learn from all that this site has to offer. Thanks !
Where in Arkansas do you live?

I live in Bella Vista. Do you have any ideas on forming a ship modeling guild? You are the only other ship modeler I have heard of in the state.

seems like no interest/

Back