Higgins LCVP

So I am abt to finally Start making the Lower Frames. I had to study the drawings as they do not clearly state the double layer sheeting thickness of the hull. I also think I may be missing some of the BOM (Bill of Materials) sheets.

I did finally however figure out it is double layer of 3/4" Mohogany that is custom made strips as they are between 5 1/2" to 11" wide with most being in the 6 6 1/2" sixe and 11'-6" to 14' long. I wont be worrying about individual for now will just make it like a sheet as these guys will be using balsa and fiberglassing the hulls. but I did need the thicknesses in order to make the bottom frames correct. will post some pics once get the frames all made

Hello Joe,
I've become hooked with this little vessel to the point that I've been doing a lot of research. I did come across this website and will add it to your build log in the event future viewers become interested as well.

Raymond

So Update I have abt 3 more assemblys to make then I can start making some parts finally.

For just the basic floor members I have 166 part files I had to make

Hey Guys a Model Company I used to do design work for asked me to draw up plans for a Higgins Boat. and sent along some factory drawings for it.

They want it at 1/6th scale as there are a lot of model military reinactors that do a lot of 1/6th scale R/C plane and tank reinacting and so wanted landing craft for their jeeps.

I will be drawing this up in Solidworks following the factory drawings and then I will be building one at 6th scale for R/C to verify Proof of Concept. so this should be a good build.
Hallo @JosephH
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Joseph, sorry my inglish is very bad
I'm interrested in the factory plans for the LCVP but I cnt open the link
Please update it
Thanks in advace Horacio from Argentina

Back