Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert - List of members which are interested to buy the kit

Goodmorning everyone. I simply wanted to point out that in the list at post # 396 there are about twenty duplicate names (almost at the end from Chello to Ronco76).
Hallo Roberto,
many thanks for the hint with the duplicated names - it is now corrected

Nearest I can discern from this site the first kits were sold around the Dec. 2019 timeframe - here we are in March 2021 and still can’t get status or input directly from Trident? Is it really that difficult to set up a PayPal account or a website in China? Something is amiss, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... really sad because it is a nice model....Really frustrated with Trident Models.....

Last edited:
Nearest I can discern from this site the first kits were sold around the Dec. 2019 timeframe - here we are in March 2021 and still can’t get status or input directly from Trident? Is it really that difficult to set up a PayPal account or a website in China? Something is amiss, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... really sad because it is a nice model....Really frustrated with Trident Models.....
The first kit was sold last summer for forum members,before that was sold in China in 2019

What is the difference between selling to China and SOS members? Any other ship model companies have that issue? Maybe if they would communicate a little bit? Sorry for my attitude, like I said I am frustrated with this company.

Last edited:
Hello Lou, We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we regret, cannot expedite the sale process. SOS as the forum absolutely doesn't involve in the sales provided by Trident. We were told, that in March a dedicated person will be involved to deal specifically with the sales process, and hoping this will somehow ease the situation.

SOS is clearly not accountable here, although I do think that there is a tendency to defend these guys by some. Almost like we should just be grateful that they are considering selling their products to us at all. March now huh? OK well let’s see what happens in 3 weeks?

SOS is clearly not accountable here, although I do think that there is a tendency to defend these guys by some. Almost like we should just be grateful that they are considering selling their products to us at all. March now huh? OK well let’s see what happens in 3 weeks?
Please understand, we (SOS) do not defend anyone. We are neutral to any kit manufacturers and cannot influence their manufacture\sales processes. We have noticed that something is not managed properly, but has no possibilities for improvement. To admit, about 40 members from the list did receive their kits and happy. We are in communication with Trident, and sincerely wishing to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

While you wait, you may consider a different kit to keep your hands busy.

Yep, working on a YQ Bluenose as we speak, awesome kit, awesome price, awesome purchasing experience, awesome customer support, awesome build and they for sure will get more of my business. I hope Trident maybe can learn from YQ and find a guy like Heinrich, certainly would not be such a successful experience without him. I will hope for that....hate to say this, guess I’ll just shut up and color now.... :) just kidding Jimsky.... I still love you guys and Trident too- I have no idea what they are doing but it can’t be the business model they were hoping for either so let’s hope they can fix it! At the end of the day it’s my desire to get my hands on such a great model that is frustrating me!

I have no idea what they are doing but it can’t be the business model they were hoping for either so let’s hope they can fix it! At the end of the day it’s my desire to get my hands on such a great model that is frustrating me!
We are hoping that after March 15, a new person in charge of the sales process will be able to resolve this situation. Take it from my words, this kit is a really interesting one. It worth waiting for sure...

I just checked the list and I do not see my name. Maybe I am blind in one eye and cannot see out of the other.
Maybe you misplacced your glasses :p

1616098814003.png

Maybe you misplacced your glasses :p

View attachment 221639Please remove me from list thank you

Back