HMS Beagle from OcCre [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi, this is my first kit, so far I have only built according to plans.
I withdraw to avoid mistakes, I do them anyway and then I try to correct them.
Hallo @tetref
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I just finished the build, I still need to fix a few mistakes and make a better stand. Finally, I place the ship in a display case.
If I have to summarize the progress of the construction, the boat is not intended for a complete beginner but for someone who has already built something. This is my first kit and even though I've built something before, I still made a few mistakes and inaccuracies. Anyway, it was a good experience for me that will move me forward. I'm already looking forward to the next build, specifically HMS Endeavour!!!
HMS_Beagle.jpg

Hi Tetref,

Nice build and much success and pleisure for your next project. Which manufacturer will you choose for the Endeavour? I am building the Occre version and can thouroughly reccommend this manufacturer. This of course doesn't preclude other manufacturers.
Trevor.

Hi Tetref,

Nice build and much success and pleisure for your next project. Which manufacturer will you choose for the Endeavour? I am building the Occre version and can thouroughly reccommend this manufacturer. This of course doesn't preclude other manufacturers.
Trevor.
I found OcCre's HMS Endeavour under the Christmas tree. For now, I'm checking the contents of the package to see if anything is missing. I already know that I will not follow the instructions exactly and I will replace some parts.

Congratulations for finishing the model - well done - and a good basis to get experience for the next chellenges coming
I am looking forward to see your next project

I agree. I changed the thread for a more authentic looking thread, as the thread provided by Occre is too fluffy. The blocks were also replaced and the metal cleat for the besan mast discarded and replaced by one I manufactured myself. More Info on my build log. If possible, procure the AOTS from Marquardt where you will find the book to be a very adequate source of information on the construction of the ship.
Trevor

I agree. I changed the thread for a more authentic looking thread, as the thread provided by Occre is too fluffy. The blocks were also replaced and the metal cleat for the besan mast discarded and replaced by one I manufactured myself. More Info on my build log. If possible, procure the AOTS from Marquardt where you will find the book to be a very adequate source of information on the construction of the ship.
Trevor
I have plenty of literature, including AOTS and several books on rigging... I have also read all the SOS discussions regarding the Endeavour.

I know that Occre's Endeavor has more bugs than Beagle did. Even the manual has typos, fortunately it only concerns the rigging and there is a PDF version downloadable from their site.

From the looks of things we have similar interests in ship kits. My first serious attempt was the USS ConstitutionBy Revell. Then I built the Beagle. My first wooden kit. Great learning experience (Last summer). Next up, Revell Cutty Sark. Each on gets better. Now I am on the Endeavor by Artisania Latina. This company also sent me some parts I was missing free of charge. 613758E7-7265-470C-990D-AF11389FEA00.jpegFFD43BE5-2F45-48E5-A14A-7A2EDD86FEE4.jpegC4025FC4-A169-427E-964F-7C7F19BBE8F0.jpeg

From the looks of things we have similar interests in ship kits. My first serious attempt was the USS ConstitutionBy Revell. Then I built the Beagle. My first wooden kit. Great learning experience (Last summer). Next up, Revell Cutty Sark. Each on gets better. Now I am on the Endeavor by Artisania Latina. This company also sent me some parts I was missing free of charge. View attachment 367446View attachment 367447View attachment 367448
Good job. Kits are great for gaining experience, especially when they contain bugs.

Back