HMS DIANA 1794 1:64

Hi, I am new here at the forum, My name is Patrik from Sweden.
I just bought a new project HMS Diana 1794 scale 1:16, i bought this from china and there is no plans or instruction and missing lots of parts. So instead of trash this a will build this model and make my own parts, i just started to print all cannon barells in 3D printer, i will use the skeleton from the kit, but almost all other parts i need to remake.
So i am hunting for a buildning plan from a other brand in same scale so i have somthing to look at, anyone have one in pdf or know where to buy one ?
// Patrik

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Is the scale 1:16 ?
Seems to be a new kit, which I do not know.

There is a Anatomy book available, which will help very much

and maybe also interesting for you

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Is the scale 1:16 ?
Seems to be a new kit, which I do not know.

There is a Anatomy book available, which will help very much

and maybe also interesting for you

hehe, 1:16 would be a nice size, maybe to big for me. The correct scale is 1:64, it was atyping error.
This book cost me about 370 euro on amazon sweden , that is really crazy, 6 times more expensive then US.
If anybody built Diana in scale 1:64 i would be happy to know then curv of the deck. lowest point midship to highest point on stern and bow

hehe, 1:16 would be a nice size, maybe to big for me. The correct scale is 1:64, it was atyping error.
This book cost me about 370 euro on amazon sweden , that is really crazy, 6 times more expensive then US.
If anybody built Diana in scale 1:64 i would be happy to know then curv of the deck. lowest point midship to highest point on stern and bow
1:16 ? It will be big as a kayak o_O I almost believed you...
On a scale of 1:64 it will still be about 70 cm, interesting frigate.
1280px-ARTOIS_1794_RMG_J5555.png

Hi, I am new here at the forum, My name is Patrik from Sweden.
I just bought a new project HMS Diana 1794 scale 1:16, i bought this from china and there is no plans or instruction and missing lots of parts. So instead of trash this a will build this model and make my own parts, i just started to print all cannon barells in 3D printer, i will use the skeleton from the kit, but almost all other parts i need to remake.
So i am hunting for a buildning plan from a other brand in same scale so i have somthing to look at, anyone have one in pdf or know where to buy one ?
// Patrik

Take a look at this research - there are several offers of used Anatomy books less than 50 US$ - starting with 25 US$

Here is one for 20 US$

but off course check the postage costs

Thanks to all of you, i really am thankfull for all tips Thumbsup it will take some time to finish this project, but then the fun last longer, right!
Finally finished the 38 barells in the 3D printer, the quality was better when printing one by one. Next the carronades.. then painting and make them look old.
And lots of more parts for the cannons..........

18Barell.jpg

Last edited:
Its time to find some wood for planking the deck, as i understand they use pine for lower deck and oak for upper deck and they normally used -8-10 inch wide, and it would be about 4mm strips for the thinnest planks scale 1:64.,I am thinking about (oak, birch or bambu) what's your opinion ?

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you, i really am thankfull for all tips Thumbsup it will take some time to finish this project, but then the fun last longer, right!
Finally finished the 38 barells in the 3D printer, the quality was better when printing one by one. Next the carronades.. then painting and make them look old.
And lots of more parts for the cannons..........

View attachment 412329
Is there a stl-file available, somwhere, somehow?
Would like to do some barrels to, but did not find one to my likings. Yours are...

Back