HMS Druid 1776

Ni hao Mr Wang,

It's been said over and over again on your build log, but what a beauty to behold.
I am particularly impressed by all the interior parts you added: those being walls, cabinets, functioning doors and hatches, barrels, etc, all up to very high modeling standards.
Please accept the compliments with grace, because for this build, modesty serves no purpose; it's belied time and time again by your pictures.

With utmost respect,

Johan

Ni hao Mr Wang,

It's been said over and over again on your build log, but what a beauty to behold.
I am particularly impressed by all the interior parts you added: those being walls, cabinets, functioning doors and hatches, barrels, etc, all up to very high modeling standards.
Please accept the compliments with grace, because for this build, modesty serves no purpose; it's belied time and time again by your pictures.

With utmost respect,

Johan

Thank you for your liking.

As many have said, wonderful work Wang. When I look at your ship, I don't see a model. I see a miniature ship. The tone and warmth of your timbers is very inviting. I feel as though I walk down amidship to my cabin and relax. Heck, I can almost smell the sea!

Apologies if it has already been asked, but would you please tell us how you treated your timbers. It is a tone of realism I would like to incorporate into my own work.

Thank you.
Ken

As many have said, wonderful work Wang. When I look at your ship, I don't see a model. I see a miniature ship. The tone and warmth of your timbers is very inviting. I feel as though I walk down amidship to my cabin and relax. Heck, I can almost smell the sea!

Apologies if it has already been asked, but would you please tell us how you treated your timbers. It is a tone of realism I would like to incorporate into my own work.

Thank you.
Ken
Thank you for your compliment. The wood has not been specially treated, it is just brushed with shellac.

Great looking work and color with different types of wood.

But the steering wheel looks a little bare without wraps around the body to turn the rudder.

Back