HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

also the top of the blackened smoke chimney was done .... the final installation will be done at the end - now only the two pots have to painted with copper colour

View attachment 443277

View attachment 443276

View attachment 443278

View attachment 443279

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued .....
The galley stove looks great Uwe. The brick effect is very realistic. When I saw the stove included with part 2 of the kit I was planning to do something similar when l reached that stage. I just hope I can get anywhere near as good results. I do not like working with PE though

Such beautiful work! I believe the stove's hood and stack are made of brass; what finish did you use to get the metal/pewter finish? It works SO well here.
Hallo,
yes the material is brass - for blackening, or better to say bluening I am using Balistol,
which available here in Europe (unfortunately not in the USA as we discussed once)

Ballistol.jpg

The galley stove looks great Uwe. The brick effect is very realistic. When I saw the stove included with part 2 of the kit I was planning to do something similar when l reached that stage. I just hope I can get anywhere near as good results. I do not like working with PE though
You are absolutely right - not the easiest material to work with - but the finla result is not bad at all
BTW: This stove can be ordered from CAF also separately - so if somebody needs a stove in this scale
or another type - close to a Brody

Many Many Thanks my friends for the comments and all the likes received ....... really motivating
Jagged? I was thinking that looked just like my normal jigsaw work. :cool:
It is not so easy to make ...... believe me - a straight cut is eaiser

Now the next work are the pumps - first in the lower half of my model - all together the HMS Granado had four elm tree pumps.
One pair fore close to the main mast for the bilge water pumping (red arrows)
and
One pair aft close to the mizzen mast for sea water sucction for domestic and fire-fighting pumping (green arrows)

IMG_0726 pumps.jpg

First the fore elmtree pumps for Bilge water which are located in a pump well box

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Here you can reconginze where I made the "cut "

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest ..... to be continued .....

Many Many Thanks my friends for the comments and all the likes received ....... really motivating

Now the next work are the pumps - first in the lower half of my model - all together the HMS Granado had four elm tree pumps.
and
One pair aft close to the mizzen mast for sea water sucction for domestic and fire-fighting pumping (green arrows)

View attachment 443679

First the fore elmtree pumps for Bilge water which are located in a pump well box

View attachment 443680

View attachment 443681

View attachment 443683

View attachment 443682

View attachment 443684

my dear friend your work on the pumps looks superb :) Okay

and

View attachment 443679

View attachment 443680

View attachment 443681

View attachment 443683

View attachment 443682

View attachment 443684

Good afternoon Uwek. That is wonderful joinery. The pumpbox fits perfectly. Did you bevel each plank of the pumpbox to create that effect? It is very good. Cheers Grant.

Back