HMS Royal Caroline kit ZHL 1/30 (Following the Maarten's RC)

Dear @Maarten, what was your decision on the angle of the masts? The only source I see is the book about RC. And in this book I see two pictures. They both provide slightly different angles. Any opinion on this subject?
1676210364350.png
1676210429986.png

The reason for asking is: the angle of the mizzen mast will affect the position on the deck (it will move forward/backward as it will follow the mast). As a result, it affects the exact positions of two parallel perpendicular walls between the too rooms. Therefore, I have to start from the angle of the mast...
IMG_7098.JPG

Interior walls are also ready in the front of the ship. In our case the front part will be covered by the upper deck (unlike Maarten's RC, where it is transparent), so we do not pay too much attention to the quality of the walls in the very front.

IMG_7085.JPG

Now, we install the floor for the rear room. It will be ~7mm lower than the first room's floor.
The concept of the rear room will be:
1. It will be visible thru the windows
2. as it will not be possible to open it, the quality of the room will be very low. Rather pictures instead of objects.
IMG_7097.JPG

Dear @Maarten, what was your decision on the angle of the masts? The only source I see is the book about RC. And in this book I see two pictures. They both provide slightly different angles. Any opinion on this subject?
View attachment 356895
View attachment 356896

The reason for asking is: the angle of the mizzen mast will affect the position on the deck (it will move forward/backward as it will follow the mast). As a result, it affects the exact positions of two parallel perpendicular walls between the too rooms. Therefore, I have to start from the angle of the mast...
View attachment 356897
G'day Alex, those are two different ships, the top one is the Royal Caroline and the other is the Carolina Yatch,

best regards John.

G'day Alex, those are two different ships, the top one is the Royal Caroline and the other is the Carolina Yatch,

best regards John.
hahaha. That's what happens when you do not have time to dive into the project! Thank you, John! I am overstressed with work, and I miss things.
So, shall I take the first picture as a guidance?
Then it is 3.4 degrees!
Here is the device to measure the angle, with the red laser beam (the vertical).
OK, the deck is now perfectly positioned, and we know the exact positions of internal walls, as they stick to the edge of the deck

1676286610297.png
BTW on the computer screen you can see the Maarten's blog, which is extremely useful, as usual.

Last edited:
couple of pics of the rear cabin interior
img_7131-jpg.360822
img_7130-jpg.360823

OK, it's time to apply the color scheme which I chose for the ship: the carvings will be in gold.
For the primer I chose the Vallejo - Surface Primer - 77.660 Gloss Black

IMG_7144.JPG

For the gold paint I chose the Vallejo - Liquid Gold VAL-70791

IMG_7146.JPG

These frames were broken several times. We had a lot of entertainment with replacing the elements of the frame.

couple of pics of the rear cabin interior
Large windows are getting to their places. We put them little bit to the back to let all the carvings take their places. We cut glasses for them already
Maybe you can once more try to upload the pics to our forum - they are no visible in moment

In the meantime some furniture is being developed. This bookcase was build as a copy of the one we had at home in Severodonetsk (this city is destroyed now) 40 years ago
IMG_7151.JPG

This is the original picture. Me and my sister. Ah, the Master put the books upside down, haha
1984 янв_2.JPG

Back