HMS Royal William 1719 1:55 by OlegM

Schön - sehr schön - wirklich sehr schöne Arbeit
Nice - very nice - really very good work
Bravo

Hi guys. Medical question. maybe someone had experience and know what's helping.
Looks like I developed an allergy to the cyanoacrylate glue. I had one event autumn and one is coming now. Some kind of a bronchospasm with wheezing and when I cough I feel a taste of blood. What can help maybe some kind of inhalations?

Hello Oleg,

I am wildly allergic to CA but have been able to use the following low odor version: Loctite 403. It is costly but saved me from choosing another hobby. Perhaps it would be worth trying?

Loctite 40340 Prism Instant Adhesive, Low Odor/Low Bloom, 20 g btl​

I should mention that my symptoms were very different from what you described above.

Last edited:
This is my way of doing gratings. I mill the slots criss-cross on one side. The slots that go from port to starboard are deeper (let's call them set1).
Then I glue in the rectangular section strips in the forward-aft direction slots (set 2).
Then mill the upper curved surface and external profile.
Then turn the plate upside down and mill another set of slots in forward aft direction (set 3). The depth of the slots 1 and slots 3 (which are oriented perpendicular to each other) is chosen in such a way that they "penetrate each other" creating rectangular through holes.
Photos 3 and 4 are for gratings already removed from the mother plate

IMG_20220417_191826.jpgIMG_20220417_193933.jpgIMG_20220418_152042.jpgIMG_20220418_152058.jpg.

very clean and accurate work - Bravo
just wondering, if the center part of the grating was realy so long and was not devided in several smaller elements
Would be much easier for lifting and handling

Hi Oleg
I have read through your building log and must say it is an very interesting unusual building method. But as we say "there are many ways that lead to Rome" and one thing is certain, your Rome is looking great!
Thank you Herman!

I finished the planking of the upperdeck using white hornbeam. Now I need to cut the gunports and install the treenails. You may notice some imperfections in the forward and aft parts of the deck, but those areas will not be visible. Among other things, unfortunately I goofed up with the gratings and comings and made them too low, they barely rise above the deck, maybe 0.5mmat the edges instead of 1.2 or something. Too much work to go with a rework...

IMG_20220521_114810.jpgIMG_20220521_114752.jpgIMG_20220521_114730.jpgIMG_20220521_114647.jpgIMG_20220521_114622.jpg

I am in love with your accurate work - the working gunports are great workmanship :cool:

Back