HMS Surprise, Artesania Latina 1/48

Artesania Latina HMS Surprise & case. My first build. Started in Sept 2017 just finished. I have some wood work experience but was surprised at how little I knew when it came to modelling. It is built mostly from the kit. I did add the cabin interior and the captains "seat of ease" as well as two more boats. Some mistakes but my friends will not notice them.

The case is my design. I wanted the case to be a book shelf for the set of Patrick O'Brian novels, related nautical books, books as well as the ships display. It is made from wood I had left over from a construction project. The frame is Douglas fir floor boards, the water effect is Western red cedar recycled from my old deck rails. The base is cedar with fir shelves. Ship worm eaten planks were rescued from the ocean. I used acrylic for lightness and a ceiling tile lens for the top. The lights are less from Ikea.

bow1.jpgbowsprite.jpgbowveiw.jpgcabin.jpgcase.jpghead.jpghmssurprise.jpgIMG_6396.jpeglivingroom.jpegnovels.jpgside1.jpegsurprise2.jpeg

This is a very unique way of presenting your model. The case has some lovely joinery as well. Well done !!! I love the theme of the bookcase method, the sextant and the block pully along with a very lovely model to display - many thumbs up !!!

I just LOVE all the little details you've added, the book, the violin and the crapper made me laugh out loud. ROTF ROTFROTF Well done, and the display is very nicely done.

Artesania Latina HMS Surprise & case. My first build. Started in Sept 2017 just finished. I have some wood work experience but was surprised at how little I knew when it came to modelling. It is built mostly from the kit. I did add the cabin interior and the captains "seat of ease" as well as two more boats. Some mistakes but my friends will not notice them.

The case is my design. I wanted the case to be a book shelf for the set of Patrick O'Brian novels, related nautical books, books as well as the ships display. It is made from wood I had left over from a construction project. The frame is Douglas fir floor boards, the water effect is Western red cedar recycled from my old deck rails. The base is cedar with fir shelves. Ship worm eaten planks were rescued from the ocean. I used acrylic for lightness and a ceiling tile lens for the top. The lights are less from Ikea.
Hallo @ratskiss
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

View attachment 198611View attachment 198612View attachment 198613View attachment 198614View attachment 198615View attachment 198616View attachment 198617View attachment 198618View attachment 198619View attachment 198620View attachment 198621View attachment 198622
Hallo @ratskiss
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @ratskiss
Birthday-Cake

Back