HMS Terror mystery object

“Fare point. but where do you find a thing-a-ma-jig on a ships manifesto? Probably I suggest just behind the 4,980 gallons of beer and just before the monkey named Jacko !” Hello, May somebody link the ship’s manifesto of the Franklin or Back expedition please. If you can find both please do.

Hi' please could you tell me what makes you think the mystery object is more likely to be a deep fat fryer than an ice machine? After all look how much ice there is. As for Uwek's bear trap; well it would have to be a very small bear! Great question btw..
If it were a deep fat fryer, then obviously a man would have to be standing by to place and remove the chips. No man, and no stack of fried chips. OTOH, being an ice machine, it's obvious the attendee got distracted with all the excitement of fishing, and forgot to turn it off.

They are hunting seals when they come out to breathe in holes made in the ice. The man with the spear proves it.
There may be a remote seal trap set with some fish bait near a hole .
There seems to be a mechanism that closes the trap by dropping a door

“Fare point. but where do you find a thing-a-ma-jig on a ships manifesto? Probably I suggest just behind the 4,980 gallons of beer and just before the monkey named Jacko !” Hello, May somebody link the ship’s manifesto of the Franklin or Back expedition please. If you can find both please do.

Ice Ghosts: The Epic Hunt for the Lost Franklin Expedition​

by
Paul Watson Free on Audible (at least in the UK.).

I asked the artist about his drawing he said it was a box that they locket the cook in. He lost the key to the Rum locker when took a walk on the ice.
Other men in the picture are now trying to find that key :=)

Back