HMS Thorn. Scratch build Swan class following the books written by David Antscherl and Greg Herbert

I have been asked to start a build log and have agreed . The first 35 videos are located in Vimeo, the rest are located on both Vimeo and YouTube.
Vimeo log starts with the first in the series
YouTube starts at video #34
The current build is # 74

The video log records my journey and includes all the mistakes i have made along the way. I am no expert so there are many mistakes for which i make no apology. My decision to make these videos is to share my journey and experience. Recently i came across a video by a great craftman who said “ when you die you do take something with you, your life long experience’. David and Greg have produced one of the best wooden model ship practium i came across. I only wish i had found them earlier in my modeling career. Now its my term to share.

I hope you find this log uaeful.

Not only inspiring, you help make the build possible for others. My mental health is all the better for using your brainwork. The occasional mistakes ease our feelings of inadequacy. Long may you continue.

Your model is very good looking - During the weelend I plan to watch your videos to get up to date - I am sure, it will be very interesting time.
Your stove is also looking very good - I guess it is also scratch build.... :cool: :cool:

You mentioned in a video (couple of years back) about waiting a long time for PVA glue to set. We have several local brands with differing setting times. I use one that "catches" in minutes and requires alcohol to loosen after about 10 or 15 minutes. Perhaps others can recommend an accelerator if such a choice is unavailable to you. PVA is so useful but I understand the frustration of waiting. (I buy it by the litre and transfer to a 75ml bottle ? maybe this has some effect)

Back