HMS Victory 1:98 Corel.

This will be my first build log. My name is Dave Myers I am a 64-year-old Elevator Mechanic in the Philadelphia area. This is my second ship model, my first build was a solid hull construction of the USS Constitution. I started this build about 20 years ago. It was in storage for most of the time, but now I am returning to it. I am a slow worker maybe just a few hours a week. I will post pictures of my current progress.

I have learned a lot with this build. There are some mistakes, but sometimes you can learn more that way. For my first planked hull I think I did OK. I thought the hard part was over when I started on the standing rigging. I need to learn how to be more delicate. Finding it difficult with my fat fingers.

IMG_0035.jpgIMG_0037.jpgIMG_0040.jpgIMG_0036.jpgIMG_0043.jpgIMG_0044.jpgIMG_0038.jpgIMG_0042.jpgIMG_0031.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0034.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0041.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0045.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

You did a good job on this Corel kit until now - Many Thanks for starting this log, so we are able to follow your work in the next months......

Great engineering! I like your machine and the serving it does! Does it create any tensions while serving?
Jimsky, yes. The thread feeds up from under the unit and wraps around the piece that slides along the two wires. Depending on how many times I wrap it will determine how much tension will be on the thread. I have found that one wrap is just about the perfect amount to give just the right amount of tension. IMG_0059 2.jpgIMG_0058.jpg

Fantastic ship! Corel models are a bit harder to rig and make the details on because they are usually 1:100 scale. Your victory looks clean. Are you going to try installing sails, or stay with the model's original look without them? Your photos are so clear!

Fantastic ship! Corel models are a bit harder to rig and make the details on because they are usually 1:100 scale. Your victory looks clean. Are you going to try installing sails, or stay with the model's original look without them? Your photos are so clear!
I will go with no sails on this one.

This will be my first build log. My name is Dave Myers I am a 64-year-old Elevator Mechanic in the Philadelphia area. This is my second ship model, my first build was a solid hull construction of the USS Constitution. I started this build about 20 years ago. It was in storage for most of the time, but now I am returning to it. I am a slow worker maybe just a few hours a week. I will post pictures of my current progress.

I have learned a lot with this build. There are some mistakes, but sometimes you can learn more that way. For my first planked hull I think I did OK. I thought the hard part was over when I started on the standing rigging. I need to learn how to be more delicate. Finding it difficult with my fat fingers.
Hallo Dave alias @myavid76
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

That is really nice work& excellent pics. With your skill level you will have a brilliant model

Hallo @myavid76
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy Birthday Dave. I see you haven’t posted for a year? I got excited to see another Victory. If you read this how is the progress going? Cheers Grant

Happy Birthday Dave. I see you haven’t posted for a year? I got excited to see another Victory. If you read this how is the progress going? Cheers Grant
It's been on the back burner for some time due to a multitude of family matters that take precedence, nothing terrible. I hope to get back to it soon. I will need a streak of ambition to tackle the rat lines.

Back