HMS Victory mid section 1/200

My new build still using to improve my skills
So chose another cheap Chinese kit as always you get what you pay for.
Selection of photos as it starts.
The material is very flimsy i tried the way the suggested and fitted the ribs to the keel but when trying to fit the deck supports it was prone to being damaged.
Next tried fitting the ribs with the deck supports before assemblyDSCF8818.JPGbatch_DSCF8819.JPGbatch_DSCF8820.JPGbatch_DSCF8821.JPGbatch_DSCF8822.JPGbatch_DSCF8835.JPG which was much better.
As the lower deck and the internal planking was added it increased stability and improved my confidence of handling it without the feeling that it was going to break every time I touched it.

1:200 - this is really small
I wish you luck and no shaking hands..... :cool:

Ok so been a while since my last update I have been doing little bits just never seemed to get around to posting so here are the latest pics.

frames and decks installed with internal planking.

have fitted the outside planking but need to cut out the gun ports.

Think next time would prefer to try a bigger scale
DSCF8957.JPGDSCF8959.JPGDSCF8960.JPGDSCF8961.JPG

DSCF8958.JPG

Ok so been a while since my last update I have been doing little bits just never seemed to get around to posting so here are the latest pics.

frames and decks installed with internal planking.

have fitted the outside planking but need to cut out the gun ports.

Think next time would prefer to try a bigger scale
View attachment 344854View attachment 344856View attachment 344857View attachment 344858

View attachment 344855
Interesting it is coming along nicely.
You are doing a great job.
I know how tricky this scale of 1:200 can be as I am trying to make the complete ship in that scale as you can see in my build log (my little Victory)

My new build still using to improve my skills
So chose another cheap Chinese kit as always you get what you pay for.
Selection of photos as it starts.
The material is very flimsy i tried the way the suggested and fitted the ribs to the keel but when trying to fit the deck supports it was prone to being damaged.
Next tried fitting the ribs with the deck supports before assemblwhich was much better.
As the lower deck and the internal planking was added it increased stability and improved my confidence of handling it without the feeling that it was going to break every time I touched it.
Hallo @Resoian
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back