HMS VICTORY - My YouTube channel

Hi all, I started building HMS Victory back in March of last year, one month into the build I started posting updates on YouTube, but over the last 6months it’s turned into a build log,

I will post a link to my channel if anybody would like the check out my build

If you take the time to check out my channel thank you in advance

Great Videos - very informative - thanks for the link
But off course we would like to see them also directly here - so if you like you can also post them here with photos or also videos, or links to updates

Would it be possible, that you also tell us something about the kit like producer, scale etc....?

This is a HMS Victory kit, 1/84 scale ,
Released by modelspace as a part works kit over 100 issues.
Most of the kit is Constructed from balsa-wood

Are you sure that the kit is mainly made of balsa?
I think it's plywood for the structure, linden for the rest and sapelli for the lining of the hull.
Hi yes I think your right, about the sapelli on the hull, But I thought the structure was Balsa. But it could be plywood

Using my new vice to work on the Octagonal section of the fore yard View attachment 131512
This is a very good device - are the clamps made out of some hard rubber?
I am using such one:
IMG_4826.JPG

Seems, that you make your masts elements out of separate parts (like the originals) - hope to see once a cross section.
Maybe you could explain how you make the mast segements....

Thank you, I just think it makes the process smoother and quicker using the mini lathe

I just bought one for the shop. To turn some cannons, so I’ve been practicing. I think the light touch is imperative and it’s a big difference from working on a full sized machine.

I plan in getting some good use out of it. Oh yeah, I subscribed to your YT Channel. -New Fan

Sanding via the lathe is the best way to go. I use the Proxxon DB250. Luckily it has a 12mm hollow centre chuck allowing you to pass the dowel through, both ends can be tapered by flipping without having to join as you have. Well worth the investment.

I just bought one for the shop. To turn some cannons, so I’ve been practicing. I think the light touch is imperative and it’s a big difference from working on a full sized machine.

I plan in getting some good use out of it. Oh yeah, I subscribed to your YT Channel. -New Fan
Thank you I also have a video on my channel, where I modify the mini lathe, making a lot more room for the larger main yard

I’ve some free time on my hands at the minute, can’t waste it when I’ve got the victory to build
Working on the mini lathe making some masts from a single block

Back