HMS Victory (POB)

• Thread starter Thread starter JonB
  • Start date Start date
  • Watchers Watchers 15
Superb model! Congratulation. But I was wandering everybody prays the modeler for their work, and why not, after all they spent a lot of time doing all that work, going crazy trying to figure out how to make certain parts etc. etc. After reading all of the responses from all the readers no one has posted a criticism....I think it will be helpful to criticize a bit so that the modeler will take note and when doing the next model there will be more research and more accuracy. In this case since there are tons of photos of the Victory I noted the the stern windows in this model are not correct. The stern of the Victory has a very steep curve where it can be seen very clearly from photos (this mistake it seems to be made by every modeler). Also the side windows at the stern in this particular case the bottom portion of the does not represent what is shown on the real ship.

Thank you for your comments. There are many other inaccuracies in my model. However, this was my 1st scratch build and I am quite content with how it turned out.

Thank you for your comments. There are many other inaccuracies in my model. However, this was my 1st scratch build and I am quite content with how it turned out.
you did a superb job and should be proud as it turned out. By the way a lot of people wont know many details on a particular model. So dont worry. I only wanted to mention it because a lot of modelers dont see or look at the drawings or in this case photos of the real ship and study all the details.....I am a professional model maker and what I am constructing is the Victory on commission (my second one). Don't get discouraged the stern of this ship is a very difficult one, and I had my own problems trying to figure out these curves....Anyway happy modeling
Massimo

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. If mine turns out to be a 1/100 as good as yours I would be beside myself with joy. Stunning.

Paul

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. If mine turns out to be a 1/100 as good as yours I would be beside myself with joy. Stunning.

Paul
Paul

Thanks very much for you comments and also to everyone else’s feedback. I am most grateful and encouraged in my next modelling endeavour, 1:48 scale scratch La Venus.

Some images of my 1:72 scale HMS Victory which was mostly scratch. It took a while to make but I learnt a lot and acquired some tools which will be useful for my next build - the French frigate La Venus at 1:48 scale.
Hallo @JonB
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back