How to tie single hole blocks

Hi there I will apologise in advance for my question. Looking for diagrams on tying one and two hole blocks together. If that makes any sense I have tied the recess of the block but wanting to join the blocks together am I right in thinking I have to tie a knot above the block then go in through the hole then to the next block then I’m stuck. Thanks in advance

Not sure what you’re asking exactly. can you not just glue 2 blocks together, then work from there? Images if possible always help.

I’m no expert, but I wonder if the blocks should have 2 holes, or a sheave. One rope starts from the top of the block by a knot, then travels down to the ,lower block, then up again, then down again, then tied off to a belay pin.
27BA5ADC-548D-43AA-906C-913DA64758C6.jpeg

True if I am tying to a belaying pin. But if I want to join 2 blocks like in the picture you sent me ie bottom row second one in do I tie it off on the top of the block.

Hi, just wondering what is the source of this page? It looks familiar but I can't remember where I saw it before.
This is from the book: The Art Of Rigging by George Biddlecombee

51BMKKK4rhL.jpg

Are you asking how to Strop the block, as secure it to rope which holds in in place on mast, hull or other objects?

Or how to run the rigging of the different block between two blocks or from a fixed line thru a block and down to a belaying pin or similar plan.

Hi Kurt. It is running rope between 2 blocks. Where one block is on the rail where the deadeye's are and the other block is from the mast.

Sutty…please…never apologize for asking questions on the forum…no matter how basic they may seem! The Art of Rigging book might help you as it has a lot of diagrams. Bob Hunt on the website Lauckstreetshipyard.com has several practicums on rigging different models. They might be a helpful tool to use as he shows in detail how to rig blocks. Choose a practicum from the beginners group…The details of rigging are the same no matter the ship. But your question is important…if you have not gotten a good answer let us know and we will have another go at an answer. :)

Back