I am back in the Game again after beating Cancer YAY

Hey guys lifes been rough the last year but getting back into things. I have also found a great way to teach solidworks and other things as I go to help people that need help. I am now using Twitch to stream my work. At the moment I am doing a lot of CAD work on a Project and I stream on my days off like today I will stream most of the day. As i stream the nice thing about Twitch is that it saves videos of my streams so if people cant pop in they can watch the streams later or just slide the bar across to get a qhuick look at things and stop where they are interested I think the proper term is to scrub through the videos.

I also use discord for voice and text chat though so people can easily ask questions and if you voice chat it will be saved on the stream as I stream in case others may have the same questions. So please use the links below and give it a try even just to stop by and say hello.

I am wanting to try this new method of sharing info out there and it seems to be working well with non forum circles as modellers that dont use the forums have been stopping in and then I forward them to the forums here and at MSB trying to get us some more members,

My Twitch Stream

My Discord Channel
https://discord.gg/XQ6w8e

Great news on your recovery. I also tuned into your twitch and it is very interesting

Thanks Donnie. Yes twitch is a really nice new way to be able to share stuff. Back in the day remember people trying to learn how to do the solidworks and other 3D cad, I could have did tutorials on twitch chose say 1 day a week at a set time and everyone interested could have tuned in and asked questions and then those not able to attend could see the feed at their leisure and any questions asked etc would have been recorded on the stream for the replay viewers to get to hear them in case they had the same question.

Also I can also instead of useing my computer screen have my webcam going instead if I was say building something. I just wished I had found twitch and this OBS Studio for capturing my screen a while back

Fantastic news Joseph, you gotta be thrilled with that, I'm very happy for you,
Best regards John,

thanks John it is rough though after being off so long to go back to my 13 and 14 hr days at work but i get rested with my 3 off. soon looks like I will get a promotion and be on 4 on 4 off and abt a 6 dollar an hour raise. guess they think will need it to pay all these dr and hospital bills lol

Great news on your recovery!
Excellent idea for using Twitch! I've watched my sons post on it and have watched some online events, but I think SOS should start a channel.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.
- Gabe

now if I can get past this diaper stage lol well I dont use the diapers any more just man version of the feminine napkins lol but 6 more months I wont need that crap any more. Also just put in 17 hrs at work yest ewww

Well. I wished that I had either autocad or solid and stuck w it for about 3 or 4 years on 3D alone. Also what u think about Rinocerous CAD?

Rhino is a 3D prog not a cad program. it is more Poly Modeling and not Parasolid.

That said I have seen nice results from Rhino but as for accuracy it doesnt (or didnt used to) have the tools to be very accurate like a true cad program.

Like said I have seen a lot of nice stuff with Rhino but it is more of a polymodelling program like 3D Studio Max and Blender and Maya than a cad program.

but I havent used it in a few years so do not know what it is like nowadays

lol and to think yesterday did a 17 hr shift ewwww but I am taking some of my old drawings and redoing for better accuracy. Right now working on one of my scratch drawn 32 gun ships its just a Generic one but looking good so far

This is some of my doings. TurboCAD Platinum.

1603083038519.jpeg

Machine-Vise.JPG

Tire-RIM-2.jpg

Joe,
I am telling you or asking you to just put your signature the way you want it or the way it was.

Last edited:
Thanks I think it was a misunderstanding with him.

When Had it before I pasted the link to the twitch streams but I just pasted so it had a big video box. I then realized that I forgot to use the link button on the menu and fixed it. we realized the confusion little bit later and alls good now.

However I have heard others mentioning he does get a little heavy handed with his modding at times so just a heads up.

Anyways I am in quarantine next 2 days as I have a surgery on monday and had to do the covid screening. I went to bed for a nap yest at 4 in the afternoon and here it is almost 830 am and I just woke up lol

Well guys last few days been feeling really tired and down etc. Had tests done and they had some concerning stuff but havent said much.

So in quarantine this weekend after covid test and monday they want to do a colonoscopy and after they done with that going to go in again and do some biopsies around the area where they did my Prostate surgery as they want to be sure theres no cancer that didnt show up there

Joe,
there is only one of you !!! Please take care of yourself. I love the contributions you have made on this forum. I understand you completely and where you are coming from.
Prayers for you.

Back